Question about towels

I know this seems a really silly question, going on Pride of America and just wondered how many towels they give you in a cabin and is it also correct (I think I've read it on these boards before) that you can take towels off the ship into the Ports?

Thanks,

Lozza

:confused:

Generally they give you two large bath towels, two small hand towels and two wash cloths. When we cruise, the first thing I tell the cabin steward is that I want four bath towels at all times. Also, most ships give you two large towels to take ashore when you get to the ports. If they do give you the towels for the beach, make sure you bring them back. The cabin steward is responsible for those particular towels and they'll charge you if you lose them. ;)

On all of our NCL cruises we signed for towels as we were leaving. Sure some people go up and grab pool towels so they don't have to worry about losing them and gettig charged but if everyone decided to do this there would be a shortage of towels for those who chose to stay onboard and enjoy the pool.

I know this seems a really silly question, going on Pride of America and just wondered how many towels they give you in a cabin and is it also correct (I think I've read it on these boards before) that you can take towels off the ship into the Ports?

Thanks,

Lozza

:confused:

Hi, we sailed the Jewel just a few weeks ago. There were 3 of us in the room, but we always had 4 sets of towels. There was a note in the cabin that if you wanted to re-use your towels to hang them up, if you wanted new towels lay the dirty ones on the bathroom floor and the room steward would replace them when making up the room. I'm sure if you ever needed extra towels they would accomodate you. As for going ashore there were towel stations to sign out towels. Have a great cruise!

Renee, just curious. Did the cabin steward actually follow the plan with the towels? We've been in many hotel rooms where they had the same type of note. Even if we carefully hung the towels to dry and use again, I think only ONCE did the housekeeper actually leave them there. While it's nice to come back to clean, dry towels, I was always taught not to waste water and would have had no problem at all with using the towels at least a couple days before they were replaced. I assume a ship holds a finite amount of water, so maybe they really mean what they say, which would be fine with us!

Janice

Renee, just curious. Did the cabin steward actually follow the plan with the towels? We've been in many hotel rooms where they had the same type of note. Even if we carefully hung the towels to dry and use again, I think only ONCE did the housekeeper actually leave them there. While it's nice to come back to clean, dry towels, I was always taught not to waste water and would have had no problem at all with using the towels at least a couple days before they were replaced. I assume a ship holds a finite amount of water, so maybe they really mean what they say, which would be fine with us!

Janice

Hi Janice,

The cabin stewards actually did follow it. If you find that they keep replacing them regardless I would just let them know you don't mind using them more than once.

i told my steward the first day that i always wanted 2 extra bath towels (for a total of four) and i always had them. and after i had tossed my towels on the ground the first day i never even had to do that...he replaced them all, whether or not they were on the ground. we never had to ask again.

we grabbed 2 towels from the pool to take on our excursions. and dont worry, we brought them back!

i think they discourage you from taking your room towels ashore.

There were three of us in our cabin and we always had 3 sets of fresh towels. Everytime we left the room we would put whatever dirty towels we had on the floor. When we returned to our room we always had clean towels. We had great service!:D

Archived