Lunch in Victoria, BC

ZigNKat

Hi!

DH and I are skipping the tours our last day when we're in Victoria, British Columbia, just going to hang out and walk around.

It'll be our anniversary -- does any one know of a nice place to have a nice late lunch? Maybe cafe style?

Thanks!!!

There's a nice place on the inner harbour called Milestones. I haven't tried it yet (we go to Victoria every August but it's just me and my toddler son while the older boys fish further up the island) but they always seem to have long lines for tables. If you're planning a late lunch you should be fine getting a table. They do have tables outside, if weather permits. There is an area to walk along and see and/or buy local art and crafts as well as be entertained by the buskers. If you go over to the Parliament Building you can take a carriage ride of any length through the city (I highly recommend that for an anniversary - my husband enjoyed it as well). The cruise ships don't dock near the inner harbour but I don't mind walking (I think it can be done, however, the little "bathtub" ferries might go out that way, I don't know for sure). Enjoy Victoria - it's one of my favorite cities!

Christine

I'm from Victoria and I would classify Milestones as just another chain restaurant. If you want something nice there are a lot of good restaurants in the area. Many of the major hotels have very good restaurants and each posts its menu outside for you to peruse. Remember, Victoria is a big tourist town. It's a great place for walking around the Inner Harbour. There's always tea at the Empress but I think it's rather pricey. A lot of the restaurants will have patios and it's great way to relax and people watch. Enjoy your stay in Victoria - I hope you have good weather that day.

Hi ZigNKat,

I was just talking to our niece in Victoria and she says that Milesstones is probably easiest to find and they have a view of the water. Here is their website, check it out and see what they have to offer http://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/menus.html

She did say that you might want to make a reservation as there can be long line-ups in the summer time, Maybe you could do this on-line? I am sure you will love Victoria. Our Daughter lives there and they have been to Milestones and have always enjoyed it. B-May is right there is a lot of nice restaurants in Victoria, it really is a beautiful city.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived