Costa Maya Review

bellazoemom

Taking a clip from my whole Miracle review:

Day 6, Costa Maya:

This place is paradise. We went to that fishing village “ma-ha-wal”. We walked around doing some shopping first and walked to the end where we hit Pez Quandro. We got our first drink at that bar and then walked back having drinks here and there. Stopped at Tapas for more drinks and some guacamole. Finally decided to get in that gorgeous water. The water here is really beautiful. It’s like Grand Cayman with less of the touristy expensive stuff. The people were very nice, we bought a few things. There is a general store in the middle (it’s a white building) that sells the hot sauce Tapas uses for $1.50 and my DH (who is a big fan of hotsauce) loved it. Back to the water. OMG..I really can’t say enough about how pretty it is. I would go back to CM in a heart beat. People were finding big beautiful shells in the water. And it was CRYSTAL clear. Really beautiful. My mom and aunt spent their day at the resort to the right of the pier, on the other side of the wall. The captain was also there with his wife and 2 small kids. They all loved that place. The water was pretty and were little pools full of angel fish, anemones, etc etc. They found some pretty big shells and came back saying it was their favorite place. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Costa Maya!

I was so disappointed when our ship was unable to dock in Costa Maya....It was the one port on the itinerary that I was looking forward to.....for all the reason posted above....It appear that Cosa Maya can be an illusive port to get into at times....High winds kept our ship away....We are going again in Nov....I hope we get there this time.

I was so disappointed when our ship was unable to dock in Costa Maya....It was the one port on the itinerary that I was looking forward to.....for all the reason posted above....It appear that Cosa Maya can be an illusive port to get into at times....High winds kept our ship away....We are going again in Nov....I hope we get there this time.

Ah don't say that, I think I'd jump overboard and swim to it. With all the other ports theyve dropped; if we can't make it. :(

yep, that is how we felt as we were cruising away from the shore of Costa Maya.....but it was an excellent decision as the winds were really whipping....My dh made a comment when we went out on deck...."I dont know how the ship's pilot will get us in with these winds....They made a few attempts, but it was impossible....I was disappointed but it was the right decision....I read that an RCL had crashed into the dock last yr when winds and waves were involved....

Archived