Having TROUBLE signing on?

Host Randy,

Didn't have trouble signing in, but found "We've Moved" heading link (boards.cruisecritic.com) to have problems. Clicking on the link seemed to only display the heading portion of your new board, which I did not immediately recognize as a new board heading. I found that if I then clicked on Boards in the heading, the new boards were displayed.

Since Cruise Critic will probably get most of their entry links on one of the "We've Moved" pages, you may either lose some of them (especially the new ones), or they may believe you are still having problems and not come back for a while, only to encounter the same problem (what they think is a problem) again. And, of course , some will find their way in.

The "We've Moved" pages should be repaired to present the entire page of the new board, or a text should be added which instructs them to click Boards after clicking the boards.cruisecritic.com link.

:) :cool: :D

I could not sign on using AOL. It kept giving me an error message telling me that my password was incorrect. I tried using internet explorer and it worked instantly. Glad I can finally post, it was torture! ;)

Cruiseclues....I just tried the link and went straight to the main page of the new board.....Maybe it was fixed since you tried?

Merv....funny!........but I actually got AOL to work this am........I'm just going to use I.E. because I've had aol problems before.:eek:

I could not sign on with AOL nor with Internet Explorer. I finally had to set up a new account with my husband's e-mail account. I would really like to have my e-mail account back again. I have the same username except without the space in it. Really frustrating but at least I can post again.

Randy... thanks for the TIP!

I have been trying since yesterday... and finally did trough Internet Explorer!

Aggrr! AOL!

Glad to be back,

Catrin

I tried all the links and all of the instructions, even with IE, but could never get logged in. I finally had to set up an entirely new account with a different email address. I would rather be back using my original user ID, so if anyone has any further ideas (Randy?), please email me at moore5@ptmc.net. Thanks! :)

I tried all the links and all of the instructions, even with IE, but could never get logged in. I finally had to set up an entirely new account with a different email address. I would rather be back using my original user ID, so if anyone has any further ideas (Randy?), please email me at moore5@ptmc.net. Thanks! :)

Sorry.......there are obviously some gliches being worked out......it's not just you.........Hopefully we'll get this fixed soon.:confused:

but low and behold followed directions and used IE and got on but oh how I hate problems.I am so computer illiterate I hate any challenge .

But here I am

Stepdughter just called and said she could get on via AOL no problem well I dont get it but it is OK were on board.

Karen

I haven't had a problem signing on, but staying signed on is another story.. Once I get to the board, I sign on.. Even if I am just looking and not replying.. But once I have been here for awhile and come across something I want to post a reply for or ask a question.. I am asked to sign in.. I had already done that. It has happened a couple of times today..

Is there a timeout feature of some sort if you are on but not posting? I have not encountered this before.. Thanks

Desiree

PS.. I still miss seeing the members that are on the same threads as I am .. Can this feature not be repeated over here?

I haven't had a problem signing on, but staying signed on is another story.. Once I get to the board, I sign on.. Even if I am just looking and not replying.. But once I have been here for awhile and come across something I want to post a reply for or ask a question.. I am asked to sign in.. I had already done that. It has happened a couple of times today..

Is there a timeout feature of some sort if you are on but not posting? I have not encountered this before.. Thanks

Desiree

PS.. I still miss seeing the members that are on the same threads as I am .. Can this feature not be repeated over here?

I don't know if this is your problem but when you log in, be sure to check the little box that says "remember me".

Hi All!

Back on line! Sort of... Had to use the workaround listed above of creating a new username and use an alternate email address.

Randy, I'm assuming that there will be a new thread to let us know when this 'undocumented enhancement' has been corrected?

I felt SOOOOOOOOOOO disconnected before, but all better now!

Brian

The "remember me" checkbox is for remembering my password so I wouldn't have to type it in when I log in.. But my assumption (and we all know those are dangerous..) :) is that once I log into a session, I should remain logged in until I click on logout.. I haven't read anyone else having a problem, so I'll just keep logging in when it tells me too.. At least it saves your place when it happens..

Desiree

Archived