Relaxing Family beach in Cozumel?

lil dolphin lover

Can someone please recommend a nice relaxing, post-card looking beach in Cozumel? I think carnival is changing the Glory's Key West stop for a stop in Cozumel. I don't know where to go with a family of five. If you have any favorites let me know.

Thanks,

Connie

San Fransisco Beach is nice as well. What I liked about SFB is they had a fresh water pool which is great after swimming in the ocean.

If you do a search, you will find tons of info on both SF and Paradise Beach.

When we were in Cozumel last month, the people who were visiting PB came over and spent most of the day at San Fransisco because of the pool. Not sure if this is the normal everyday occurance or not.

Enjoy your stay in Cozumel and I don't think you could go wrong with any beach...... it could be worse like working.

If you are looking for some snorkeling then go to beach clubs south of San Miguel...there are post wilma pictures of several clubs at

http://www.wilmacozumel.com/cozumel_beaches/index.htm

You can also find direct links ( and discount coupons) to many of the beaches at

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

If snorkeling is not an issue, you may want to look at "Passion Island", a popular cruise excursion.

Hope this helps.

Paradise beach is wonderful! No admission charge unless you snorkle or use beach toys. Great service & restaurant. Plenty of chairs available. They rebuilt after Wilma - we were there in Dec. Have a great trip.

"relaxing" and "family" are a little contradictory to me, but will do my best! If you want lots of activities for the kids, go to Paradise, but it won't be very relaxing due to crowds and lots of activities going on. If you want peace and quiet, more serene experience, go to Playa Palancar. No crowds, quiet, but not much for the kids to do.

Paradise beach is wonderful! No admission charge unless you snorkle or use beach toys. Great service & restaurant. Plenty of chairs available. They rebuilt after Wilma - we were there in Dec. Have a great trip.
Actually, if you have your own gear, snorkeling from shore is free even if it isn't very rewarding. The is no admission, but you will be expected to buy some food/drinks if you use the facilities, but you were going to do that anyway, right? If you want to use the water toys, there is an $8 dollar per person charge, but that is optional.

I agree, PB is a very nice family beach club.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I think we are trying to narrow it down between Paradise Beach and Passion Island. Carnival offers the Passion Island excursion with a mexican buffet which got my husband and kids attention. I on the other hand am trying to watch how much we spend so Paradise Beach sounds great. Does anyone know if the climbing iceberg and water trampolines are shared by San Fran and PB?

Thank Again for all of your suggestions!

We did the passion island excursion on RCI and we enjoyed it. I thought it was a little pricey for what you get. We don't drink alot of alchol and our son eats very little so I think you are paying for those two things of which we did not partake. It is a beautiful beach and very relaxing. No floats and the chairs are not very comfortable. I heard wonderful things about Paradise Island from other passengers and it was way cheaper. Good luck and have fun!!

Do you know how much to expect for taxi fare? Also, is the water calm. We have a four year old and would like calm water.
You must be asking about PB. Taxi is about $12 to $14 for 4 people. The water can be calm, but it will all depend on how windy it is the day you are visiting Cozumel. If there is a strong wind, especially from the North, then the water will be anything but calm. This applies to all the beach clubs on the west side of the island. The water conditions will be approximately the same at all of them.

• 1 month later...
Carnival offers the Passion Island excursion with a mexican buffet which got my husband and kids attention. I on the other hand am trying to watch how much we spend so Paradise Beach sounds great. !

This might help ya.

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/ You may see that you spend more then you think. Yes free to get in but $8 to use toys and read the menu for yourself. Just a thought.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived