LadyInAwe

Hi all! I love your message board. I am a newbie to both this board and cruising. We, family of 6 - two 16yr olds and 4 adults, are booked for the 27th of this month w/Carnival on the Imagination. We are staying a night at the Miami Airways Inn which has a shuttle which picks up at the airport and will take us to the port.

Just wanted to say hi and also find out ... Has anyone ever stayed at Miami Airways Inn?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated... so nervous that I'm nauseated

Hi Lady! Welcome to the boards! I can't help you with the Miami question but just wanted to say hello. Are you nervous/nauseous about the cruise or the hotel? I'm guessing the cruise. Relax! Enjoy the whole experince. You will have a blast and any fears you have melt away the moment you step foot on the ship. Enjoy! :D

Missyal

Welcome to cruising! I've been on four Carnival cruises and they are vacations my family still talks about! You will have a blast! There is SO MUCH to do for everyone in the family.

These boards are so useful (but you could make yourself crazy with so much information). Everyone has a different opinion. But, as long as you don't sweat the small stuff, you will have a GREAT time!

Welcome to the boards, and to cruising! WARNING: both are very addictive! :D There is so much great information on these boards. You will love cruising, it's a fantastic vacation! Enjoy! :)

hello lady and welcome.

im glad you found us . you and your family are going to love the experience of being on the ship and going to the ports. come here often and ask away for all you want to know about your up-coming vacation. and you will be '' a cruise lover '' like us after your first cruise :)

Welcome aboard Lady! You will love this board as well as the Imagination. It gets the best ratings out of the Fantasy Class ship. We have been on the Imagination technically 3 times and loved it.

Don't be nervous! If you have everything in order, things will just flow. Remember to always leave yourself plenty of time for those unexpected things!:eek:

Ask plenty of questions on this board. There are many veteran cruisers here to help!

Welcome to the boards! Everyone here is extremely helpfull...you can check out the ports of call as well as other areas on the boards to find the information you had requested for your hotel stay in Miami. Have a great time with your family. You can do as much or as little as you want and everyone will have a great time.

edited to read: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92 this is the thread that may answer your question. It is for pre and post stays at hotels.

I wish I would have found this board before my first cruise.. but now I have found it, and my next cruise will be different. I will be an informed traveller!!!

Sit back, take a deep breath, and read some of the post.. If you have a question, fire away.. someone will answer it, or give you a link to the information..

Hi all! I love your message board. I am a newbie to both this board and cruising. We, family of 6 - two 16yr olds and 4 adults, are booked for the 27th of this month w/Carnival on the Imagination. We are staying a night at the Miami Airways Inn which has a shuttle which picks up at the airport and will take us to the port.

Just wanted to say hi and also find out ... Has anyone ever stayed at Miami Airways Inn?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated... so nervous that I'm nauseated

Hello and welcome to CruiseCritic.

Here are some reviews of the hotel you are staying at.

Miami Airways Inn reviews

Enjoy your trip!:)

Bill

Welcome to the boards. You will learn a lot here! I found this board when I was planning our first cruise, and it helped a lot. You can find the answers to your questions here (you'll also see a lot of stuff you didn't think of). If you are like me, you will be addicted to cruising when you step foot on the ship.:)

Welcome aboard! Relax you will have a WONDERFUL time! Any questions you have....someone here will know the answer...or point you in the direction of the answer. Cruising is the most awesome experience you will ever have as far as vacations are concerned! IMO it’s the best value you can get for your money! So here’s a warning: Once you cruise you will never go back to a land vacation again….At least we won’t! lol:D

Well you asked about the hotel so I tried to help. :)

At least now you have time to cancel and stay somewhere else or at the very least you'll go in knowing exactly what to expect and won't be dissapointed.

Have a great cruise!:)

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all! Sorry it took so long to reply... I lost this thread and it took a bit to find it.

Bill: Well, I canceled w/that hotel and booked w/Intercontinental Miami.... resting a lot easier now! Thanks

I leave Friday!!! Woooo Hoooo!

Congrats on the new hotel!

In the future if you do any more hotel stays check http://www.tripadvisor.com before booking. It is a great resource. I don't book any hotel without checking there first. You did much better booking the Intercontinental.:)

To find a post in the future, once you log-in, click on boards.

Then look for the thin blue stripe. It says "user CP". Click on that and look for the yellow line that says "subcribed threads". Then click on "list subscriptions".

That will show all the threads you have responded to.

Have a GREAT trip!!:)

Bill

.....Bill: Well, I canceled w/that hotel and booked w/Intercontinental Miami.... resting a lot easier now! Thanks...
When I saw the reviews that Bill linked you to such as "better than nothing" and "Avoid at all cost!!...Sleep at the airport!!" I was hoping you'd be able to book a different hotel.

Sounds like you made a good choice this time and I hope you have a great cruise!

John

Archived