SSS 4/18 We're Back!!!Part 2

Well, I started the original post, so now I am starting Part 2. I hope you all find us. It took me a while to get into the boards. But here I am !!!

Hope to hear from all of you SSS!!!!

Marsha

Hi Marsha:

This time do you feel like you just got off the ship?? Wasn't it a great cruise??LOL!

I'm here and we'll see how many original SSS join us.

Jim :eek:

Marsha:

I agree it's not quite the same thing...........the solution is to quit talking about a reunion cruise and we all just need to plan on taking one. :D

Jim

Can always count on you 2 to keep things going. Do you think the others will think to look for us? h well at least we have each other.

Don, say Hi to Diana. How are you guys doing? We're all fine. Summer hasn't really started yet here. Today it rained and the temp. was around 54...YUCK!!!! You're right we need to cruise. Just can't now. Lindsey has a job as a camp conselor and Gene is starting a new job with the State of Ohio. Chief of Police in a State facility. So hopefully Spring will be our cruising time.

I'll check in with you guys.

Diana is doing fine and says hi back. Right now we are watching the best beaches in America on the Travel Channel and wishing we were on one. Glad to hear that Gene is doing well. Since you like to go in the Spring, why not join all of us on our Infinty Hawaii cruise??? We are going on 4/6/05.

Don :D

Hi kids.....Got online this morning and I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, boy do I ever hate change! We're still digging out here, massive floods 2 weeks ago yesterday. The Prez declared us a disaster area, wonder if I can get a grant for a free cruise. Next week contractors will be repairing the first floor and new carpeting for the whole house, yes I had the extra insurance. Marsha summer? what summer? We're still waiting the high yesterday was 62, they almost put out frost warning on thursday, things have got to start getting better....Big John

Big John:

Glad your "reconstruction" is coming along fine.....maybe there will be enough money left over for a "cruise"! :confused:

Don Next Week is fine with us.............PCD is better but hasn't totally gone away..............This is the worst I have had it........

Marsha............did you ever post a review on your Carnival cruise?? I know alot of people don't like Carnival but would love to hear how you guys got along on your cruise and if you liked it or not.

Jim

Cruisin Patty...............

This cruise was in April of 2003 so it was 14 months ago............we just all stay in touch.........great thing about cruise critic is you make friends for life.

I think it would probably be easier just to try and answer any questions you might have specifically about the ship. I'm sure any of our group will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The Splendour is still in great shape for her age. She is a Vision Class ship with lots of glass and has a beautiful interior. We did a 10 night cruise that included Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Key West and Montego Bay with 4 glourious sea days. Service was great. The food while I wouldn't classify it as excellant, was very good and I thought above average.

Let us know if you have any specific questions and we'll be glad to try and help you out.

Jim

hello all first time I have seen the new boards and found you on page 3 . I also hate change and not great on figuring out new things unless they are easy . I have less the 3 weeks to go before vacation so much to do . Have a great summer everyone will try to see how to get updates here . Doreen

Hi Doreen:

Glad you found us............5 of the SSS have now checked in. Hope more find us...........

Try and check in before your vacation.

Anyone know when the cruiselines will release the Spring 2006 itineraries?? I know RC has released some 7 night cruises already but can't find any 10 or 11 night itineraries yet...........anyone know??

Jim

Hi Guys,

Trying out the colors. Sorry if it's too girlie for you.:rolleyes: This is really fun!!:D Glad Doreen found us. Maybe we can find Sally and the Steve's on their other post and drop them a line. Jim don't you still have the master list? Maybe you can send a general e-mail to some of the others. That have kept up with us. Glad you're still with us Big John. Still cruising this summer?

Well, kept in touch.

Hello my SSS friends,

Good to see that some are finding the new thread. Thanks for starting it Marsha.

We have three cruises booked. We'd love for anyone from this group to join us if you can:

November 6, 2004 - Eastern Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess

April 6, 2005 - Hawaii on the Infinity

October 23, 2005 - Mexican Riviera on the Vision of the Seas

Don and Diana are going with us on the Princess and the Infinity cruises. We could have a mini reunion!!!

Talk to you all later,

Rena

Hey SSS'ers: We're here! Just moved into a new home [wow - did we learn alot about the construction process (or, at times, lack of progress - I mean "process")], so haven't had much time for the CC boards lately. Thanks Marsha for getting us started again. Anyway, we're here and following along. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Let's cruise together soon!!

Steve 1

Cruisin Patty:

There was both a chocolate buffet and midnight buffet.......but remember we had a 10 night cruise on the Splendour........not sure how long yours is. Windjammer and Dining Room was open for lunch.......we did both, wife prefers dining room and I like the windjammer.

As for formal night..........I would say 90% were in either tuxes or suits. I wore a suit and would say there was only about 33% in actual tuxedo's. Saw very little casual wear on formal night. Alot of people including me, changed back to casual clothes after dinner.

We enjoyed both pools. The main pool more for sun and the solarium pool for reading, relaxation and quiet. We utilized both frequently on the ship.

Happy to help, let us know if you have any more questions.

Jim

Hello there,

So good to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying your new home--finally!

Didn't you guys take the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Vision? Or were you on the Grandeur out of New Orleans? Anyway, we are really looking forward to the Vision. It will be our first time sailing on her.

Keep posting--we love to hear from you.

Rena

Hi Steves and Rena,

So glad you found the post. Good wishes and luck with your new home. I think summer has finally found us here in Cleveland. I've been busy working on my tan. But it's not the same as on a ship.LOL;)

I just love that we have color to write with now...This is 1 of my favorite colors. Didn't Don say something about Jim liking it too.LOL:D

Catch y'all soon.:)

I hadn't seen the Steve;s had dropped by.............hope you are enjoying your new home........

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th...........we are staying home.....have yard work to do today.

Marsha you can tell what my favorite color is can't you??

Happy 4th of July to all our SSS Friends!!

Jim

Thought I had better check in. Rick has been cleaning up rentals and doing maintenance around our old place. I have been working as usual.

We are all ready for our Alaska cruise in late August. Still have some things to do for our Hawaii cruise the end of September. Trying to decide where to stay on Oahu. Then we hear from our TA that a lot of times cheap prices are offered to stay on to Ensenada. I am working out a contingency plan in case that happens.

Both our up coming cruises have very weak Cruise Critic meet & mingle sign ups. Not even close to getting 25. Oh well, we'll have fun anyway!

We have large Indian reservations near us that sell all the huge, illegal fireworks. So we have been "celebrating" the Fouth for a few days already, compliments of our unsupervised neighbor kids. Nothing makes me more irritated than an m-80 at 2am outside my bedroom window. Guess I am geting old and crochety.

Take care all, I know our paths will cross again soon!

Archived