SSS 4/18 We're Back!!!Part 2

[quote name='isujim']
Celebrity is coming out with a 9 night sailing on the Century for the Carribean with 4 sea days...........we are looking at that for April of 2006.........this isn't even on their website yet but our t/a found it.

Don: We will begin talking you into the Mexican Riviera in about 10 days.
[/QUOTE]

Jim, maybe this ship is redflagged!!!! LOL

As for the other. Are you buying? :D

Don

Jim, as Rena says, you are really in love with the Caribbean! Once you try Hawaii, I think you will prefer it. You may want to try Alaska, too. That is an awesome cruise.

We are looking at Canada/New England for next fall, 2005. Also the Dream out of Houston is a must do. Rick has told me to book the Hawaii roundtrip from Seattle on HAL for spring 2006 when it comes out. We should be old enough by then!

Off to the salt mines....

Don:

I assume by your answer, there is room for negotiation??:D

Sally:

We have decided against NCL at all. I talked to 2 different t/a's I know and they both said sail anyone right now except NCL.........if we did one, it would be out of Houston, since it is easy for us. I do like the itinerary but figure our t/a and the other one I talked to must know what they are talking about. They said NCL just has some major problems right now.

Check out the Celebrity 9 and 10 day itineraries............they should be out in the next 2 weeks.

Jim

Wow, Jim, you are freaking me out about NCL. Our Panama Canal cruise for April of next year is off their website already. Got down to a few insides left and then-Poof! This is a 17 day cruise, just seems odd to be sold out. On a positive note: if NCL goes under RCL will buy them and I will get three C & A credits! Well on our way to "double" diamond.
Okay, if you are buying, we'll take a suite too. I am sure the Steves will want one also. Ole'.

Sally:

Don't misunderstand me..............I never said "go under" (now that is how nasty rumors get started! LOL) They are just having problems.........primarily from what I have been reading in the SERVICE area and in the customer service area........(of course what cruise line doesn't??) As my t/a said it is probably a step down (in their opinion) from RC, Celebrity.......etc.........

For that kind of money, I don't think I want to take a chance.........go over to thier boards and just read for a couple of hours..........even their loyalists are not real happy right now............

Don:

If I'm paying.............do you remember telling me about the first cabin you had with Carnival?? The one with the toilet inside the shower??;)

Jim

I'm one of the people that read and don't post much.
Jim if you like the carribean then you would love Hawaii, just don't go on an NCL ship there. I read the ncl board and the only problems I could find were the Hawaii cruises. They staffed the ship with Hawaiians and did not think about them working on island time.
Ok, here is my Hawaii pitch. Sally and I went to the carribean thinking we might like it better then Hawaii. We have been to most the islands and many b and bs (beachs and bars), taken tours and shopped alot. We realy like the carribean but we love Hawaii.
reasons:
It is warm, not hot.
Much greener due to the mountains
Valleys with waterfalls
The people, they all speak english
Crime rate, lack of barbwire and bars on the windows
More fish when snorkeling. They are more colorful
When sitting on a beach you see other islands, most of the time
Luau, a must when there
I'll stop now , but you must try it.

Rick,

Thanks for posting things from your prospective. We are definitely doing Hawaii on April 6th, 2005 on the Celebrity Infinity. And, we have already booked the Lahaina luau. I am really looking forward to it.

Rena

Rick:

That is assuming of course that nothing serious happens as a result of "red flag status"..........the cruise is still red flagged and we aren't really getting any answers other than "sold out".......10 months in advance??? We shall see. LOL!:D

We are looking forward to it though except for that bus ride from Ensenada.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Just thought I would see if any of the old SSS gang is still around???

Rena and I booked our 4th cruise on the Mariner of the Seas for April of 2006......we leave in 79 days on the Caribbean Princess........

Sally did you ever get your cabin situation resolved??

Let us hear from everyone when you have time.

Jim

Hello..still around. Leaving for Alaska Sunday. Pretty excited!

Jim, you are going to try a big ship? We keep talking about it. What is the itinerary? The Steves have booked the Mercury (X) for December of 05 doing the Mex Riv for 10 days. We may join them.

The cabin situation on the Serenade did not change. My friend is still in 1104 but has decided that it will be okay. RCCL has done nothing as far as compensation for the screw up. Never even replied to my email. TA was able to get Shirley waitlisted for any cabins that might open up with a better location for her.

We leave for Hawaii on the Serenade 9/26 and hope to be able to stay on to Ensenada. Both segments of this repositioning are wide open. Hoping for a good deal.

3 more sleeps 'til we cruise again!

Sally:

Pretty simple itinerary

Port Canaveral

Nassau Bahamas

at sea

St. Thomas

St. Maarten

at Sea

Port Canaveral

Leave Easter Sunday April 16, 2006

I think Big John is booking this.............several of us are going in to Orlando several days early and at least making it a 9 day trip............

Let me know if you are interested and I can fire you off an e-mail.......I sent one to Rick and the 2 Steves but will be happy to resend.

Jim

Hi Jim & Sally,

You guys are certainly busy booking all these cruises. I'm looking at going to LA Spring Break 05 just the kids and me. Gene has to work. My mom and brother live there, so it's not a cruise but it beats sitting home. I think we'll do Vegas too. Maybe next summer we'll plan another cruise.

Summer here is really crummy...Lindsey is now driving and has her own car. Life is a little easier for me. I don't have to drive her around just Brian.

Well, gota run and get Brian, say hello to Rena and Rick.

Keep in touch.
Marsha:cool: :)

Hello SSS's: Anyone heard from Big John and Kay? Curious to hear a review of their Mexico cruise. Also wondering if John and Kay are still sane now that the twins are driving.

Jim: recieved your e-mail, thanks. Always tempting. Keep us updated.

Bon Voyage Sally and Rick.

Have a great day all!

STEVE 1

• 1 month later...
We leave in five days for our 22 day back to back to Hawaii on the Serenade! I just put 48 pair of underwear in the bags! We ended up with a JS so I am happy with that. Will still try for a pier upgrade as the ships have some wiggle room left. Rick likes the look of the swivel flat screen TV in the OS's. The cats are getting clingy and require huge amounts of catnip. They sense the preparations and have counted the number of bags...

Next up is the NCL Sun Panama canal in April of 2005 with the Steves. Once again, 22 days.

Fall is early in the Northwest, we have the furnace on everyday.

How is everyone doing?

48 pair??? JC Penny must love you!

Let Don and I know how you liked Hawaii...........we are going on the Infinity in April of next year.........let us know if you find any can't miss excursions.

Have you done Panama?? We were on the Brilliance in April and loved it. Not sure about NCL though.........you will have to give us your review on that when you get back.

Rena and I are going to Mexico this Sunday for a mission trip and then off in 5 weeks on the Caribbean Princess.

We are booked through April of 2006!!:eek:

Jim

• 1 month later...
I really feel awful for not posting in the thread for such a long time! Just wanted to drop in and say from myself and Hamish, and that a lot has been going on down here in Australia.

We now live in Queensland, in Brisbane, which is north of Sydney and the fastest growing capital city in Australia (3rd in population, soon to overtake Melbourne). I was promoted to Sales Manager for the State with American Express Corporate Travel, and we have been here now for about 2 weeks. Needless to say, we are OVER the packing and unpacking and boxes that come with a move - this was our 4th move in 2004!

We recently visited the US in September on a whirlwind 10 day trip to San Francisco and Palm Springs (from Labor Day weekend onwards). SF had the hottest weather in the city in 40 years (think over 100 with 90% humidity) so it was actually nice to escape to the Desert and even though it was around 114, it was hot, dry heat. Very nice. Caught up with the Steves and they were great hosts for a few days, as they always are.

We have decided that we want to cruise again as our next major holiday, sadly we do not anticipate this to be for at least 12 months, which realistically means Easter 2006. Given that we have just moved, Hamish will need to work for at least 12 months to get vacation time again. We are looking at Sea Princess on 4/22/06, which is a 14 day ex Ft Lauderdale and looks quite good. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

[url]http://www.princess.com/planner/itinerary.jsp?resItineraryCode=CSA140&resShipId=CP&resStartPortId=FLL&resEndPortId=FLL&resNoOfNights=14&resVoyageId=C609&resTourId=&type=C&resultsString=month%3D4%26year%3D2006%26orderBy%3DDATE%26pageOffset%3D0%26resTradeId%3DC%26monthYear%3D4%252C2006%26day%3D22%26resShipId%3DCP%26resType%3D[/url]

Well, hope that all is well and hope to cruise with some or all of you again in the future. We are still on our email [email]twodudes@dodo.com.au[/email] if anyone wants to drop a line.

Take care
Ash & Hamish

Archived