Television

beljwl

I am just wondering what channels they have on the TV's in the cabins. I am not planning on spending my time in my cabin watching TV but there are a few shows (like 24) that I really hate having to wait until I get home to watch. Since it is getting so good. But then again when isn't 24 a nail biter edge of your seat show. And another reason I ask this question I like to have the TV on to fall asleep to and just wanted to know what my choices were going to be.

Plan on getting Tivo before you leave.... I don't remember exactly which channels were available, but the options were very limited, and I don't think any were regular network TV. CNN (International), ESPN, maybe a movie channel or two. The rest were "HAL TV" that showed never-ending repeats of the port shopping talks.

We don't watch much TV while on a cruise but our experience has been that you will not find the regular network TV programs. CNN International and ESPN sports programming (but not typical American sports, more soccer, etc.) plus some cartoons, movies and ship board info channels are all you will find.

While on our Panama canal cruise in January 2005, while the American football playoffs were in progress, live feeds of football games were shown by special request of the passengers.

Sorry but you will need to record your favorites to watch when you return home. Hope this helps.

Happy cruising,

Virginia

Thanks for the info. Yes, I already have a Tivo but was just hoping to maybe catch a few of my favorites. I am sure it doesn't matter but we will be going to Alaska is the programing different depending on where you sail?

just a thought... i'm not sure when your trip is, but maybe your shows will go in to syndication while you're gone. i am hoping that is how it will be when i go to alaska, as i'm a tv junkie who hates to miss LOST. i am hoping the new season (3) won't start til after i get back. :o

Like Seadrifter said, the ship does not have the regular network channels. They have a couple Turner channels including a movie channel. There is also a ship movie channel.

As other have mentioned, Tivo is the answer.:)

Have a good cruise.

Archived