Grand crossing south

cassimax

Having never cruised before, just a quick question ? What would you say is the average age of passengers on transatlantic crossings.

Do you think 3 brothers aged 31,24,23 will enjoy it ?

On the last transatlantic crossing I did, most of the passengers were, as we way in French, of a "certain age" or more (-- i.e., middle aged or older.)

But not all -- there were quite a few adults in their 20s and 30s and they had a grand time.

So, unless you are allergic to being around older adults -- LOL -- go for it. I'm sure you find it a pleasant voyage. And some of us older types can be -- in any event -- the life of the party. You may have trouble keeping up with some of us!!!

Who knows -- you might meet three sisters (or three other brothers depending on your preferences). If you go during the summer, there are often younger academics along for their summer holiday.

Thanks for the reply, we are looking at booking on the crossing from southampton to fort lauderdale next march and then spending two weeks in orlando.

As for the original question I have nothing against being around elder types as you put it, (im sure you could teach us a thing or two), we were more worried that we would be square pegs in round holes, so to speak.

I myself , cant wait to get onboard, it has been a dream of mine ever since the QM2 first set sail, my brothers on the other hand cant make up their minds. Hopefully the views of people on this site will nudge them in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply, we are looking at booking on the crossing from southampton to fort lauderdale next march and then spending two weeks in orlando.

As for the original question I have nothing against being around elder types as you put it, (im sure you could teach us a thing or two), we were more worried that we would be square pegs in round holes, so to speak.

I myself , cant wait to get onboard, it has been a dream of mine ever since the QM2 first set sail, my brothers on the other hand cant make up their minds. Hopefully the views of people on this site will nudge them in the right direction.

Tell your bros it is chock full of hot babes...or guys as someone mentioned earlier, depending on preferences.

And BTW, I saw my first topless bathing on Cunard ships! And ONLY on Cunard ships!

(It was a very European bunch, all ages, young to old, and the oldsters weren't shy either. If they were done lying on their fronts, tanning the back, (no top) they would just get up and put on whatever- coverup, pants- This went for older gents too. Just drop their drawers and change to dry right on deck. Many Germans on that trip., a lot of continentals who were used to St Tropez and other locations where the body is treated with respect and not shame. I understand that many Germans have no qualms about family naturism and have many resorts catering to the clothing optional crowd. I have freinds who are Naturists, and it really is a much healthier attitude. Not sure I could do it, and I suppose the "formal night an d day crowd might object! <G>

Imagine showing up for formal night dinner in JUST a tie amd cumberbund! <EG>

Tell your brothers there are all ages, and a fun crowd! We have had wonderful times with all ages on all of our Cunard trips!

I guarantee it!

Karie, who has danced on the centerboard of a catamaran with 20 year olds in Antigua from one of our Cunard trips.

I am reserved on this crossing as well--I am in my early 40's.

With a ship of this size, there will be plenty of passengers of all ages on board. It should be an enjoyable week.

I am reserved on this crossing as well--I am in my early 40's.

With a ship of this size, there will be plenty of passengers of all ages on board. It should be an enjoyable week.

Especially if there are Germans aboard.

David

Archived