Anyone taken the Rum Point Jeep Tour Since Daylight Saving Time Began?

DapnKap

Anyone taken the Jeep Safari Rum Point Tour with Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions since we started observing DST?

I understand that the Carnival Miracle will stay on EST for the entire cruise, so Grand Cayman will be an hour behind. It looks like we will have some extra time in the morning to meet the tour, but not as much time to get back to the ship afterwards. The Miracle is scheduled to arrive in GC at 7am and leave at 4pm (so that's 6am and 3pm GC time).

I wanted to know if anyone had any problems with returning to the ship, how much time you had to get back and if you had any time to do any shopping.

My confirmation email from them says to meet at 8:15 at the Blue Iguana CST (so that's 9:15 ship time). The tour should start at 8:30 and runs 5 hours, ending at 1:30 CST (2:30 ship time). The ship leaves at 4 (or 3pm CST). So, it looks like we have 30 minutes to get back to the ship.

I guess that leaves us enough time to get back on. I was just a little concerned about it.

(Scratches head)....

Cayman stays on EST (Eastern Standard Time) year round.

During the summer months Miami is not on EST... they are on EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).

So is your ship, the Carnival Miracle really going to stay on EST? If so, you will be on Cayman time. Or is your ship going to stay on "Miami time" which is currently EDT?

Archived