Days before Sailing Blues..

Alright so here I am just days before I leave and I feel as though its the most misrable time since I booked this crusie! One, I am still sitting at work while thinking of the MILLIONS of things I have to get done before I go and wishing I could just go home and do them. Two, The days at work seem to last 23 hours instead of 8. Three, I know in 2 weeks time it will all be over and that even if I book another crusie while I am in this one I still have to restart my countdown clock to atleast 365 days!

Anyone else ever feel like this before you leave? Of course I am excited but I think half the fun is the anticipation and now that part is coming to an end! Am I going nuts?? :confused:

FEELING BLUE??? Million thing to do???? Come on!! We are 12 days away and really looking forward to getting rid of the "Lack of sailing blues"! Haven't packed, haven't registered (will correct that in about 2 minutes, and ain't even thought about an excursion! BUT! We will be so happy ending our sailing drought (ain't sailed since September) that all the rest is minutia.... Smile! The most enjoyable days are shortly ahead of you. You cannot find a better way to relax and ya ain't gotta fight the traffic!!! hehe :) Don't sweat the small stuff, the clock is always moving, even if it isn't as fast as you would like!

I get you. I leave on Sunday, I feel like I've been at the office for over 23.5 hours today ALREADY. I haven't packed a thing, and I'm a wreck! Oh, well. The total relaxation on board will be that much more gratifying!

As for all the stuff that you are trying to get done before you go, just do what you can and is most important! As long as there are no major disasters, and the world doesn't end before you come home, that laundry will still be there. I know you wouldn't want to do it when you come home, but it's not that big of a deal if you don't get it done. Enjoy these few days before the cruise.

And hey, start your cruise early!! On your way home get your self some of your favorite drink mix and mini umbrellas and turn on some vacation music of choice while you get those last minute things done. (and if you don't drink, make them virgins!!!!) Have a great time!:)

We have a mere 56 days before we leave and I'm about to crawl the walls. I've been off on disability for eight months and I am scheduled to go back to work after we return from the trip (way after we return). Okay, that being said, if you think your time at the office is long, you should try being stuck at home 24/7 (and unable to really do anything - you want to talk frustration?). There's only so much you can do pre-departure and only s early. We are more organized than we've even been and there's still eight weeks of landlubbing ahead of us. It was much easier when I had work to go to. I think it's the 'grass is greener' principle.

Charlie

• 5 weeks later...

Good Morning All,

I agree with the "blues-stress" aspect. I think for me it is the anitcipation... So basically, I am finding myself going to the gym- (and no I can stand to lose a good 20) so it's forceful, but it helps with my anxieties if that makes sense... And then today- I am going to get a Jimmy Buffet CD and make a few Margaritas and just get in the mood...*laughs*

40 something days and I am off!

Happy Sails

tahiti

• 2 weeks later...
Alright so here I am just days before I leave and I feel as though its the most misrable time since I booked this crusie! One, I am still sitting at work while thinking of the MILLIONS of things I have to get done before I go and wishing I could just go home and do them. Two, The days at work seem to last 23 hours instead of 8. Three, I know in 2 weeks time it will all be over and that even if I book another crusie while I am in this one I still have to restart my countdown clock to atleast 365 days!

Anyone else ever feel like this before you leave? Of course I am excited but I think half the fun is the anticipation and now that part is coming to an end! Am I going nuts?? :confused:

;) think we all go thru this

I absolutely do understand how you feel. Before every major trip, I get so wired and worry and fret about everything - almost to the point of thinking "do I really want to go", when of course I have been soooo excited about it. I will think things like will the dog be ok, will the sick relatives be ok, I will miss the grandbabies too much and them me, are all the documents in order, did I plan the best bang for the buck on excursions, will the hotels be what I expected. Then as the time gets closer I think, please don't get sick, don't get in an accident, etc. I finally told my doc about this and he laughed and said it is because I am such a planner and want everything to go well with everyone. Also I tend to have a bit of anxiety problems that I have learned to deal with pretty well by realizing that "this too shall pass." I also combat these feelings by counting my blessings, being thankful I am healthy, and appreciating the fact that I can travel. I do love to travel, once I am on the plane. :) gg

Archived