Western vs Eastern???Which one did u like best?

Miscoehill

We've decided to a seven day cruise Jan/07. We've never cruised before and we're taking the plunge. The oldest will be seventeen soon so I'm trying to grab some family time. Now to figure out which one would be good, especially for our teens (16,14). What did you like about your Western or Eastern cruise? What do u think would be good for this kids? Both DH and I have no preference. Thanks for any suggestions!

Howdy,

we have done both and prefer the Eastern just slightly more than the western. Both are great and have similar excursion.

On the Eastern you get an extra sea day which we love. There is so much to do on the ship. At St. Thomas we did a eco hike on st. john's island which we really liked and the teen grandkids liked it too. Plus a short swim at a private beach area. I guess the ports on the eastern just seem more tropical and so different from home, where as on the Western Key West is just like home (we live in Florida), but we loved it, lots to do, but mostly geared towards adults. Grand Caymen was just like driving down the beach in any state along the coast. The shops were very high priced. Ok to see once, but just didnt have that tropical feel you want on a cruise. We stopped at Costa Maya (cozueml was closed still) and we did the ruins tour which was awesome!!! But most of the island area was dense jungle, which as great to see, but nothing much to do. There was a small shopping area by the port, but it was very small. I know there was a small fishing villlage near by too, but that was it!! we loved the tour, which lasted 5 hours. But if we didnt do the all day excursion we would of been bored with nothing much to do unless you wanted to do awater excursion, which I dont do. I think they are going to cozumel now, so that really wouldnt pertain to your trip.

Back to the Eastern, if you like beaches, Megans beach is there and it is constantly rated one of the top 2 most beautiful beaches in the world and it is a well deserved title. Lots of shopping, great prices on both islands.

Both islands have snorkeling and sailing, swimming with dolphons or feeding the sting rays, so lotsof adventurous things for teens to do. There are few teen only excursions too. These are awesome for the kids and very well supervised. check them out . The one on CC always has a great turnout.

ggod luck withyour choice, both are awesome cruises, we just love the extra sea day on the Eastern. But we are doing both again this fall, so we must like them both!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Most western stops are boring, Grand Cayman,Jamaica, Cozumel, etc. almost any stop in the easter carib is more scenic, more to do better beaches and so on (gotta admit though the stingray encount in Grand Cayman aint bad?!) Have done both numerous times and eastern never fails to suprise if you look for "it"(Been to St. Maarten 8 times and have never been to the same beach twice. Live the dream! And dont forget to take breakfast sausages in the water with you when you visit CC!:eek: :D

I've done both and personally preferred the Eastern itinerary. St. Thomas has some great beaches, or you can ferry to St. John from there, which is beautiful. Shopping in St. Thomas is also great. St. Martin is another great island for beaches, and I love the contrast between the french side and the dutch side.

I didn't care that much for Key West. There's not too much to do there outside of checking out the bar scene (and that's not for kids/teens). I would have preferred another sea day rather than Key West. We did like seeing the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Cozumel has some nice beaches and a lot of shopping, but I'm not sure what the condition of those places is now (since it got hit with so many hurricanes this passed year).

Let's face it, you can't go wrong on a Disney cruise. You'll have a great time on either itinerary.

Archived