When is it time to fire your PVP?

rdrseller

Is that a serious question?

If so - A Carnival PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) is just that...someone who specializes in helping folks plan their cruise.;)

Thanks, and knowing that, I would say get a real travel agent to answer your questions. Has anyone ever got a straight answer from anybody at Carnival...:rolleyes:

We had a nice lady PVP on our first two cruises...always returned calls and e-mails. She must have moved on up or to another job as a new PVP started calling us and informing us of sales and the like. At first, I thought he was trying to nudge in on her business; but the new guy finally informed us that she moved on. This guy is knowledgeable up to the point of having to deal with any exceptions to the rule in acquiring new cruise packages. He hasn't answered any e-mails from me; but is usually good about returning my calls when I have to leave messages. Guess they don't like to handle things through e-mail too much. Guess I can't complain too loudly...

I went to the web sit and clicked on the button to have someone contact. GUESS WHO CALLED!?!?!?! You guessed it, my stupid PVP. Tried to act like we were best friends. He did make the changes I needed, but in the future, I will just call the 800 #. I don't care to work with his stupid attitude any more.

I know there are good ones out there. Guess it is just luck of the draw. Myabe I will draw better next time.

i had my wedding on board and my pvp was so helpful. i was calling him atleast twice a week to add people and book new rooms. he went above the call of duty to help me. his name is william marenco. ext 82529

It's nice to hear that a PVP was so helpful, because most of them are....

However - If you read the rules of Cruise Critic - we aren't allowed to give out the name or number of ANY booking agent, including PVPs.;) Nor are we allowed to ask for or send email to others giving that information.

....... Has anyone ever got a straight answer from anybody at Carnival...:rolleyes:

Well, as a matter of fact, YES. I've used the same PVP for five of my last six cruises, and she is a jewel.:) Always there for me, always extremely helpful. She somehow finds me little perks for each cruise, and has sent me bottles of wine.

There are bad apples in every bushel, y'know. I've been around here for quite awhile, and I've seen many more posts in aggrevation toward a TA or online agency than about PVPs.

There are two different departments. If you call the 800 number, you'll get a Carnival rep...who SHOULD be able to answer your questions. However, only a PVP is trained and qualified to be a 'planner'.

I have had very good service from the PVP that I used when I cruised with Carnival. She was very very good and stayed on top of her job. I have yet to find a cruise line that has a good customer service department as they all have high turnover rates. I prefer to use a TA over booking direct but that is just me.

islandcruiser84

Cotton is correct, you are not supposed to name names or give contact numbers. If a host sees it, your reply or this thread will go poof.

But, the reason I'm posting is the the guy who did such a great job for you is the guy I FIRED! I am glad it worked out for you.

Archived