Ecstasy's social host sam here to answer questions

subnero

How's everyone doing?

After a couple of people coming up to say hi (thanks to D.J. Eddy) I thought it would be fun to check out the website and say hello to everyone. I am currently one of the social hosts on the Ecstasy and would be more than happy to answer all your questions if you have any. I am still fairly new to the company so there may be some questions I can't answer, but I'll do my best. I'm also fairly busy at times so I may not be on all the time.

Aside from all of that, just a big hello and I hope to hear from, or even better.. see, you soon.

Sam

Your ever loving social host. :)

OH CANADA!!!!

No questions, Just wanted to say Howdy. And a big thank you to yourself and all the crew and staff of the Ecstacy. Was on the 4-8 sailing and couldn't have been happier. So pass it on to everyone job well done.

Norse Farmer

I have read on these boards that Carnival has changed their policy on liquor distribution. While it used to be delivered to your cabin the night before debarkation, I understand now that it must be picked up in the library the AM of departure, causing delays and resulting in some passengers having the abandon their puchases in order to make flights. I sure hope that isn't the case for our upcoming cruise in the Triumph. If so, I will have to forgo purchasing any alcohol, as we need to debark first thing to head back home. Is this a new fleetwide policy or are they just testing it on a few ships?

Joanne

Hey Sam

Hope all is well on Ecstacy. I only sail out of Galveston so I'm sure I'll see you soon. I'm interested in the liquor question for your ship and Conquest if you know. Who's the Captain and CD?

Thanks

How's everyone doing?

After a couple of people coming up to say hi (thanks to D.J. Eddy) I thought it would be fun to check out the website and say hello to everyone. I am currently one of the social hosts on the Ecstasy and would be more than happy to answer all your questions if you have any. I am still fairly new to the company so there may be some questions I can't answer, but I'll do my best. I'm also fairly busy at times so I may not be on all the time.

Aside from all of that, just a big hello and I hope to hear from, or even better.. see, you soon.

Sam

Your ever loving social host. :)

OH CANADA!!!!

Hi Sam,

I will be on the Ecstasy 5/25/06. I hope I get to meet you. I am also interested in the the liquor policy. I would like to buy some, but if I have to wait in line on the morning of debarkation, I will not be making a purchase. We welcome any comments/information you have on this topic.

Hi Sam,

I’ve been on only one cruise…the Victory in ’04…going again in Oct on the Valor….but I wanted to let you know just how much we appreciate all the Carnival crew. All of you do such an amazing job! Thank you for all the wonderful memories that you’ve given us over the years. I made friends on the Victory with one of the crew members and we are still in contact today. I now consider him one of my dearest friends. Thanks so much for all you do!

I have read on these boards that Carnival has changed their policy on liquor distribution. While it used to be delivered to your cabin the night before debarkation, I understand now that it must be picked up in the library the AM of departure, causing delays and resulting in some passengers having the abandon their puchases in order to make flights. I sure hope that isn't the case for our upcoming cruise in the Triumph. If so, I will have to forgo purchasing any alcohol, as we need to debark first thing to head back home. Is this a new fleetwide policy or are they just testing it on a few ships?

Joanne

that's the first i've heard about it. if it is a new thing then it's more than likely just a test on a few ships. we still deliver to rooms.

No questions, Just wanted to say Howdy. And a big thank you to yourself and all the crew and staff of the Ecstacy. Was on the 4-8 sailing and couldn't have been happier. So pass it on to everyone job well done.

Norse Farmer

heya,

glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. that was our first cruise back in service after the whole fema experience so it's good to see people were happy. :)

make sure you come back soon

that's the first i've heard about it. if it is a new thing then it's more than likely just a test on a few ships. we still deliver to rooms.

That's good to know. Elation did it while in Galveston and continues to do so. Hope it doesn't go fleeetwide.

Looks like you will also learn some things here from us as well:)

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering, what is a social host and what does your job involve, sounds interesting.

social host is almost like the immediate contact p.r. person. we run a lot of the activities (games and such) as well as act as a partial liason between the cruise director and the guests.

it's a blast.

thinking of applying? you can always get more info at carnival.com

How cool! Nice of you to drop in and say hi, Sam. I don't have a question, just love Carnival and cruising! :) Take care.

it's nice to hear from you. keep smilin. it makes the world wonder what you're up to

Hi, Sam! Thanks for popping in.

Could you find out where the Freedom is going to be ported in the US? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

i think it's miami, but don't quote me on that. i really truly don't know what u.s. run it's going to be doing. i'll see what i can find out. you can also contact a travel agent through the website and they'll be able to give you more information. i'll ask around to see what i can find out.

Hey Sam

Hope all is well on Ecstacy. I only sail out of Galveston so I'm sure I'll see you soon. I'm interested in the liquor question for your ship and Conquest if you know. Who's the Captain and CD?

Thanks

well, for our ship the liquor is delivered. not sure about the conquest, but i'll see what i can find out.

our captain is salvatore messina. cruise director rebecca llewellyn

heya piggie.

as previously mentioned you'll be fine with the alcohol thing. go for the tequila. it's great in mexico.

make sure you track me down. i'm pretty easy to find.

captain red. :)

you'll see me at the welcome aboard show.

I guess I never really thought of it before.. but now that I do, one would assume that someone at Carnival monitors these boards for feedback and suggestions... If not.. I think it would be a very worthwhile venture. What better way to put your finger on the pulse of the Carnival cruiser and learn and address their concerns, suggestions and praise.

It would be cool if a rep. from each ship started a thread similar to yours... btw.. Call the Carnival Spirit and have one of them do it.. :) It would be cool for them to start a thread either here or in the Destinations, Alaska board.

Hi Sam,

I’ve been on only one cruise…the Victory in ’04…going again in Oct on the Valor….but I wanted to let you know just how much we appreciate all the Carnival crew. All of you do such an amazing job! Thank you for all the wonderful memories that you’ve given us over the years. I made friends on the Victory with one of the crew members and we are still in contact today. I now consider him one of my dearest friends. Thanks so much for all you do!

awesome. happy to hear you've been treated well. :)

well, hopefully you'll come visit me on the ecstasy some time soon

I guess I never really thought of it before.. but now that I do, one would assume that someone at Carnival monitors these boards for feedback and suggestions... If not.. I think it would be a very worthwhile venture. What better way to put your finger on the pulse of the Carnival cruiser and learn and address their concerns, suggestions and praise.

It would be cool if a rep. from each ship started a thread similar to yours... btw.. Call the Carnival Spirit and have one of them do it.. :) It would be cool for them to start a thread either here or in the Destinations, Alaska board.

you are very very right. i was thinking the same thing when signing on yesterday. to tell you the truth, seeing as i'm not an officially representative from carnival i am sure if i say something wrong i could get in some trouble somewhere down the line, but it's all good. maybe they'll catch on and bring me on as a corporate rep.

i'll make the suggestions to a few other people i've worked with and see what i can do.

I'm going to be on board tomorrow. I'll come say hi! I'm really excited. This will be my second cruise. Previous was on Celebration. I'm a big Carnival fan. What time can we board tomorrow?

awesome. track me down. you'll see me around. make sure you go to the welcome aboard show so you know what i look like. i am captain red. :)

i'll be wondering around after the second show as well so you can find me then. (all along promenade deck 9)

i think you'll be able to start boarding around 11:30/11:45 if there are no hold ups. depending on how long it takes for guests to debark the ship we get to load shortly after. it may be a little longer so don't quote me on that. i've quickly learned not to assume anything

Hey Sam, great to hear from you. My stepdaughter is the lead singer on your ship. I don't want to put her name on here without her permission, but I am sure you know her if you are in the Welcome Aboard show. We are sailing August 21-26 and can't wait! Looking forward to seeing the shows of course! We got to hear her practicing at home for a couple weeks before she left, Extreme Country sounds like a fun show.

Keep us all posted with info about the ship and the ports.

Archived