Any reviews of Royal Suite.

Have been having trouble finding reviews on the Royal Suite (any ship, preferably Voyager class). Search engine only seems to limit to 10 pages. Hmm. Well if you know where anywhere I can find a review of this room from soneone who has stayed in one. Please post.

Thanks and God bless!

My wife and I had the RS on the Mariner last Aug. It was very nice. I have a bunch of pictures if you are interested. I am happy to answer any specific questions you might have. I will tell you that the service we received all week was awesome.

Mark & Janet

My parents were just in the Royal Suite on the Sovereign of the Seas. No conceirge service on this ship. Perks were: a dozen roses upon arrival,champagne and also a basket of fruit. Each evening there was some type of goodie: chocolate strawberries, cheese and crackers...can't remember the others. It was a great suite - big bedroom, huge bathroom, with both a whirlpool tub and a separate shower. Walk-in closet, living room with plenty of seating, entertainment center with DVD player, dining room table, wet bar. The room steward even provided a cot for my niece because she wanted to sleep in the suite. The balcony held 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a small table. It was large, but did not seem as large as described in the room description. They really enjoyed it, my dad can't walk around much, so he spent a lot of time in the suite. Was it worth the bucks? For them, as their last cruise, I would say so.

Thanks so much for your reply Mark! Photos would be great.

Couple Questions.

1. Did you recieve any extras above a normal suite (such as free drinks in room, invatation to dine with the captain, ect)

2. Any pros/cons to the suite?

3. Did you feel that it was truley "a once in a lifetime experiance" or did you think it was not worth they money?

Any other general opinions would be greatly apreciated

Thanks and God bless

P.S Thanks anadi!

Faithwins,

If you send me you e-mail address, I will send you the pics. My e-mail address is mmourges@gfrlaw.com. The pics are on my pc at work.

When we arrived, there was two bottles of wine and there was water, soda and beer in the refrig. They restocked that daily. The bed is a real king size bed, so it is very comfortable. The master bedroom is quite large with a nice big walk in closet behind the bed. The bathroom is huge! A two person shower and a jacuzzi bathtub that was also big enough for two people. There is another full bath right when you enter the suite, nice for guests to use. The deck is huge as well. It has a 4 person teak table and two full size teak lounge chairs. There is a 42 inch plasma tv with a dvd player. You can get movies at the concierge lounge. We had 24 family and friends along on the cruise, so it was nice having a room big enough to entertain in. The concierge called us two weeks before we set sail and set up spa treatments, dinner at Chops, etc. She also met us at the pier and took us to our room. She also bent over backwards during the cruise to make it special. Since it was our honeymoon, we thought it was well worth the price. It cost about 2x as much as a grand suite. We booked it over a year in advance and right when it became available. Again, we were on Mariner. Oh, we did not get invited to have dinner with the captain, but we also didn't ask.

Mark & Janet

Here's a link to 4 albums of the Royal Suite on the Navigator. We had the Royal Suite in May of 2003. We had a complete bar setup which was replaced when needed including free soda and water. The amenities have changed since then....they no longer give free liquor other than wine/champagne.

Current amenities are; a bottle of champagne, culinary delights, deluxe bath robes, Duvet covers, upgraded towels, priority check in & expedited

departure, access to Concierge lounge on Voyager and Radiance class

vessels and priority tender tickets.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dotsieboo

Dotsie

Archived