My Third Attempt

Someone please help, I know that the Elation has changed its policy about how it distributes purchased alcohol, you have to pick it up on the last morning in the library, is this carnival wide or just on some ships, the sensation is the ship Id like to find out about, thanks

Not sure when u were on ur last cruise, but in April on the Elation it had to be picked up in the library and I have heard others on here say that it has happened to them too, just wondered if all carnival ships were using this new procedure or is it on select ships, and i wanted to know about the sensation in paticular since my dd and her dh are traveling on it in 2 weeks

There are many threads on this over the last week... right now, I don't think anyone knows if they are trying to change the policy, or if this is only on the Elation and Truimph recently... Have not heard of it on any other ships. It has been the standard way (delivered) the last two times I was on the Sensation.

PS, I don't think anyone has been ignoring your other posts... it's the weekend and a little more slow, plus people just may not know.

The only liquor we purchased last week was on the Destiny on the last day. Took all 10 bottles back to our cabin.

I did hear announcements asking passengers to pick up liquor earlier in the day though. In fact, it was printed on the last page of the Capers on the day before debarkation that passengers who purchased liquor ashore or on the ship could pick up their liquor in the main lobby from noon until 2:00 p.m.

We are just off the Elation yesterday, and the purchase we made in San Juan was in our room by 3pm the last day of the cruise. I didn't know that there was any issue with pick up until we got back and I read about it here. That must have been a real mess and something that they didn't want to have to deal with on a regular basis. Maybe we got lucky, but I tend to think they went back to the previous method of delivery.

Who knows, maybe they were seeing a decrease in bar sales the last night or something and tried to make an adjustment. Based on how hot some people were on these boards about the issue they may well have determined that decreased bar sales on the last night wasn't as bad as irrate people the last morning :)

Archived