TA Promotion

sarvis

I spoke with a TA whose (well known internet) agency is offering a promotion of a free excursion for the 3 occupants in our cabin. I question this offer because the cruise is with RCI and I've heard that TA cannot offer lower prices then RCI's posted rates. The TA's price is the same as RCI, so how can the the agency afford to give away expensive free excursions?

Has anyone seen this type or offer? Was it legitimate?

Thank you,

Bee

I understood a TA could not advertise a lower price but could give them. We NEVER pay the book price but sometimes the ships will really lower prices. Our TA's site had 7 days, $299 in Feb. It turned out it was for a balcony cabin, Costa Magica!

On Royal Caribbean you cannot advertise or give a lower price. As stated by RCCL:

No agencies can advertise, market or sell below our published or contracted pricing programs. Any rebating or incentive programs that can be converted to cash or currency, (e.g., a $50 credit card certificate), are not permitted. Any incentives that are used to promote either of our brands, such as a department store or Home Depot gift card, must be pre-approved by either a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Sales Director. Agencies in violation of these policies will be subject to a reduction in the co-op support provided by the cruise lines and other effects such as a reduction in the base commission paid on all future cruises booked by that agency.

Anything that can be redeemed for cash is against RCCL and Celebrity's policy. A free excursion is against RCCL's policies.

Now, if this reservation was booked in a group, an amenity for that group may be a free shore excursion, and that would not be against the policy.

I understood a TA could not advertise a lower price but could give them. We NEVER pay the book price but sometimes the ships will really lower prices. Our TA's site had 7 days, $299 in Feb. It turned out it was for a balcony cabin, Costa Magica!

Talked to some who took this ship on a trip and said they really didnt like anything about it. It was all Italian this and that and they had had all they could take in 5days and still had 2 to go. Not sure I want to go on that one after a few told us things about the ship and people and just how they treat the customer.:eek:

I've booked with only TAs and have been offered the same. I was actually offered a spa/excursion credit. In fact we got our onboard credit when we boarded the Brilliance this past March.

Archived