Very upset with Carnival-Key WEst wedding

We had this plan for 18 months, We are sailing on the Carnival Glory on July 1st leaving from Port Canaveral. My daughter was getting married at the first port which we stop at and that would have been Key WEst. We have alot of guess flying and driving to Key west, But guess what? We were informed today that Carnival changed our intinery. No longer Key west is in the picture. We had the Hyatt Resort doing the reception, we have guest that booked their flights (non-refundable) hotels, transportation and we aren't going to be there. On top of that, we sent out the invitations last Thursday because Ava at the Hyatt needed a final count for the the reception by June 1st. So what am I to do? I tried to call all the guest I could. I am just so frustrated at this whole thing. They didn't have a reason for why they changed the ports. So we have to options #1 get married in Cozumel or at Port Canaveral before the ship sails. We have sailing guest that are flying in Saturday to Port canaveral to catch the ship, but they won't be there on time with their transfer. We have to be on the ship by 10:30. So as she is getting married in Port Canaveral the other non-sailing guest will be in Key WEst. Need some advice.... I will be making calls tomorrow to Carnival Wedding dept and see if they can compensate anything. Disappointed mother and daughter 53 days and counting.....

That sucks for you ! Althought I can sympathize that is exactly why I am getting married on port before the ship sails. The cruise line can change the ports or order you go to each port for so many reasons that I Didnt want to worry like you are now. Did you book your weding thru the ship?

I know on my paper work it basically said it may have to change date, location etc or you will get a refund for the wedding part only. I know on the main thread line I have seen about Key West being changed for May 20th and on, but dont remember why.

I sure hope you can get something worked out

I am so sorry about your situation. I would be really upset too:( It seems like the best option would be to have the wedding in Port Canaveral. If guests were willing to drive to Key West maybe they would also drive to PC. I don't know what the difference in drive time is though and I imagine that it's a pretty substantial difference. I wish I could be more help! Please let us know what you end up deciding.

Well, all our driving guest have no problem. They cancelled their hotels, but try finding a hotel 4th of July weekend now at the last minute in Port Canaveral. Three guest purchased airfare (father of the groom) and hotel with travelocity and that is non refundable. That seems to be our only problem that we have to deal with so far.....unless I get more calls today.

18 months again we booked with the Carnival wedding dept. I just hope I got ahold of those people that I sent out invitations. My daughter sent out save the date message in the bottle around 18 months ago. I m sure everything will work out, but just a little stressed now with my daughters future father in law

We were suppose to get married in Mexico - then hurricane Wilma devasated the area and ruined all the plans and we only had 30 days to start from scratch.......so I feel your pain.

First of all, even though travelocity's airfare is "non-refundable" call them and explain your situation and they may give you a airfare credit. We had the same problem, and we just explained the wedding cancellation problem and they agreed to give us a credit to use. If this doesn't work, call the airline you are flying on - they may do the same even though you booked thru travelocity.

Second try to not sound "worried" in front of your daughter. I know I was really stressed and my mom was the one who kept me sane.

Goodluck, I am sure everything will work out and the wedding will be beautiful.

Another option would be to see if Travelocity would change the tickets for a different arrival airport. I know if you buy a ticket straight from the airlines, they will make changes, but charge a change fee. I would see if Travelocity would work with me that way.

I also would like to say that I am so sorry that your family is going through this. Hopefully things will turn for the better.

I cant believe they changed it this close to sailing! I can definitely relate since my wedding/cruise leaves on the exact same day, just a different ship. My invites are out too, I cant imagine how frustrated I'd be with them also. Hopefully they will compensate you all somehow. Good luck and let us know how things go.

Yesterday we talked to everybody and their brother with Carnival. As of Monday 5-8-06 Carnival changed our intineary of our cruise. My daughter was supposed to get married in Key WEst. Well within 8 weeks of sailing, most of our non-guest had thier flight hotels, etc....You can read the detail in my prior post. So the out come with Carnival yesterday is.... We get 1 hour reception with hot/cold hors d'oeuvres, 1 hour open bar, pianoist at the reception, champagne for all guest for toast, and they are also throwing in an ice scuplture, up to twenty guest I already paid for, but after the first 20 they are going to pick it up, cake upgrade, floral upgrade. Also my daughter and her fiance got an upgrade in their room. So I guess I can't complain, at least they did something. But I still think after everything is cooled down, I am writing carnival a letter...just to tell them how difficult it was to our guest

to try to make different plans especially 4th of July weekend

1. Tracelocity is a travel agent. The change fees are set by the airlines. They may be able to go to the airlines and ask for an exception to the change fee. That would not be out of line and may get the guests somewhere, especially if they are all flying the same airline.

2. Sadly a port can be missed. It's at the captain, line and ports discretion. It is probably a shakey move to book something for a port. Not that the OP knew this. This is more of a warning to others who are thinking about it.

3. I feel horrible for you. PC has some nice venues and it's close to Disney. Can you change the tickets to fly in a day early?

Archived