Glory Western Itinerary change

Chad3219

Just thought everyone would like to know that the Glory Western itinerary has changed. Now going to Cozumel instead of Key West and on the way back to Pt Canaveral the ship will be stopping off in Nassau.

This is my first post on this board, so of course I'm unable to link the information stated below.

I was reading on a local Cozumel news board that Carnival and the port of Cozumel had been in serious disagreement about purported port charges which Carnival supposedly owed after the destruction of the Carnival pier (and cancelled port calls) at Cozumel.

Carnival and Cozumel supposedly just settled their financial dispute by the port agreeing to reduce substantially the unpaid docking fees and Carnival agreeing to bring in more "slow season" port calls this summer.

Hence, the change in itinerary for Glory.

It is indicated as "permanent" for the foreseeable future.

Sorry I can't relocate the link to the local news story about this.

This board has already been extremely helpful in my cruise planning.

Dolphin Cruises 1988

Costa 1991, 1995

Ecstasy 1997

Century 2005

Glory 7-29-06

I looked yesterday on the Carnival website for future sailing even into March 2007. The western itinerary appears to be permanently changed. Dropped Key West, added Cozumel and Nassau. The Glory western is four ports again! YES!!

I just look on the carnival site and the itinerary has changed again. Instead of Nassau (10 - 4) they have Freeport (8 - 7).

Bubba_M

Inspiration (5-day) Dec 2005

Glory Feb 24, 2007

I re-checked the Carnival site. They have two Western Caribbean 7-day itinerarys listed. However, the one I mentioned that replaces Nassau with Freeport has no sail dates listed . . . yet.

I am sailing on the 20th on the Glory. This is the first cruise with the new changes. According to the document I recieved from Carnaval about the change, it stated the the Oct 21st sailing calls on Freeport instead of Nassau but no reason given.

Hope that helps clear the confusion.

Burtanddi

I am sailing on the 20th on the Glory. This is the first cruise with the new changes. According to the document I recieved from Carnaval about the change, it stated the the Oct 21st sailing calls on Freeport instead of Nassau but no reason given.

Hope that helps clear the confusion.

Burtanddi

Hey Burtanddi,

That means you're on the Glory Western just before ours. Take good notes and be sure and write a LONG review when you get back - we'll be waiting for your insight. Have a great time!!!

I looked yesterday on the Carnival website for future sailing even into March 2007. The western itinerary appears to be permanently changed. Dropped Key West, added Cozumel and Nassau. The Glory western is four ports again! YES!!

I liked the old itinerary!!! Actually, I liked it when it was Key West, Belize and Cozumel. I like sea days and probably will pick on port, Nassau, to just hang out on the ship.

Why did they pull Key West?

I just got an email about my June 17th Glory cruise. It has Nassau and Cozumel.

We just booked the 17th. We're from right down the road in Marietta. I found the roll call for this cruise....pop in and say hi.:)

Archived