An honest review - Spirit 04/30/06

heyall

First i'd like to thank everyone for your reviews, it definetly helped me throughout my cruise. Now i feel responsible to do the same. Boarding the ship was a complete mess because it arrived 2 hours late due to the bad weather. The rooms were pretty small, but the bathrooms were a nice size. Because of everyones pointers as soon as we ate lunch at Raffles - which is pretty good for breakfast, except those runny eggs, and good for lunch, we headed to the reservation desk and booked our dinners for the rest of the week - a very smart move.

First night we ate at Shoguns at 50% off - nothing special, probably could've saved money. The 5 of the nights we booked in Windows and 1 in LaTratoria. We are very picky with our food and we were suprisingly pleased with Windows. On the night we were supposed to eat at LaTratoria - we sat down - looked at menu, which featured only pasta (we are not a pasta family), chicken parm and salmon - we got up and left to eat at Windows again.

On the 1st and last sea days my kids enjoyed a very well run kids program and the kids water park.

In the Port Canaveral we booked transfers only to Universal Studios and purchased express 1 day tickets at the window - that way we saved $200.00 vs. cruise price. It would've been even cheaper to rent a car, but we didn't want the hassle of looking for directions.

In Miami we booked the Everglades Tour - it was very nice and worth the $.

On Stirrup Cay we relaxed very nicely - plenty of chairs, food, music.

In Nassau - took a cab $4 each person each way + $1 for the bridge 1 way to see Atlantis - it was nice, make sure to see their aquiarium part that's for free- it's very nice and visit the beach.

Entertainment was the biggest down fall of this ship. Cruised before with other companies and this one was the least professional.

Overall they had nice service and food and the ship was very nice. Express disbarkation is the best we ever had - 5 min and we were off the ship. We will cruise with Norwegian again.

Thanks for your review. Can you elaborate on the transfers to Universal Studios? Did you purchase those through the cruiseline? Also, do you recall how much they were? Thanks again.

The transfers were $45 per person, same price for children unless it's a lap child. The transfer and express tickets were about $165 for adult and $139 for child through the cruise. we paid about $449 for 4 transfers and 2 adult tickets and 2 children tickets vs. $608 cruise line wanted.

When you went to make your reservations for the specialty restaurants were you able to see the menus for Windows for the rest of the week. I want to make reservations for LeBistro but I want to make them for a night that we won't miss eating in Windows!!

Also, the photos, that they take on the ship, are they available until the end of the cruise, to make a decision of which pictures you want to purchase.

i'm pretty sure the menus were available. you just have to ask the front desk for them.

the pictures are also available all week.. the prices i thought were high ($25 for a 8x10) and the quality wasn't the greatest. we would have bought more if the the quality was a little better and lower.

Thanks, I was hoping that we could see the menus for the whole week to make our decision on what night to eat in the spec. rest.

Also, I like to wait until the end of the cruise to decide which pix I want to select.

Thanks again for answering my question!!

Archived