Alcohol, NFL running backs, & naked debauchery…my EOS review with pictures.

I wouldn't worry about the food...a lot of people on this board aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. If you are satisfied when you eat at places like Friday's or Chili's then you'll be fine.

[QUOTE]by the way i tried to hit your link on the explorer and it just went back to here whats up with that[/QUOTE]

That's because THIS IS my Explorer review :D did you read the long day by day breakdown of my cruise? I have that link there so people can get to this review when I post on other threads.

Chris

redcat72,

Our group only sails the voyager/eagle class ships. Every year we always say we should try the Radiance class or some other line but we always come back to these. We love the Promanade and from what I've read it just seems like there is more to do (i.e. places to get drunk and a little more wild) on these ships as opposed to others. We don't throw Toga or [I]Eyes WIde Shut[/I] style parties but we do like to cut loose a little:cool:.
My favorite place on the ship is the Solarium.

Chris

Thanks...didn't know anyone (other than myself and those in my group) would read it more than once.

As for 7 Mile Beach we always ask to be dropped off in front of the Holiday Inn (not sure if it's still called that) where there is a public beach access & taxi area. It's usually a little more quiet at that spot.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[size=3][color=sandybrown]Good Morning!![/color][/size]
[size=3][color=sandybrown][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=sandybrown]Just found out you all will be on the same cruise! We've got a group of about 40 of us who found each other here on CC. Our forum is EXPLORER OF THE[/color][color=royalblue] SEAS- MAY 8th, 2005. THE CONGA LINE SAILS AGAIN! [/color][color=orange]You may want to visit and introduce yourselves. We may be a bit older but we still have fun!! Hope to meet you soon![/color][/size]

Gary,

Thanks...I posted on that thread a while ago but it's too hard to keep up with. I'd rather talk about the cruise than reading five consecutive posts on what someone did on Sunday afternoon..."just got down mowing the lawn"..."DW just got back from the store"..."I'm watching the game" etc :cool: .

Can't wait to sail...I know we'll all have fun!

Alibaster,

It was cool...he just came rollin by in a sweet Bently.

Just a shade over a month until our next 7 night cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. For those of you who really liked reading this review of our trip last year...wait until you get a load of our review for this year...it promises to be bigger and better...keep an eye out for it around mid May!

My partner and I are taking our first cruise and we are on the Explorer TWO weeks before you guys (April 24)! I wish I would have read your thread sooner. You all seem like our type of vacationers - drink, play, sleep! :D

Any thoughts on cave tubing in Belize? Lame? :confused:

And yes - RCCL should give you a commission!

Daleed77 -

I did not personally take the cave tubing excursion in Belize, however I had some friends in my group that did. Their overall rating was about a 5 on a scale of 1 - 10. Apparently during April and May, the river is running at a low level, so you have to repeatedly pick up your tube and walk to a deeper portion or you just scrape your butt along the bottom until it gets deeper. They did say going through the cave systems was pretty cool though. Also, be prepared to HIKE quite a distance before reaching the river. Hope that info. kinda helped out. The majority of our group actually did a snorkel tour with an independent operator out on Caye Caulker and had an absolute blast!!

Glad you enjoyed reading our review...have a great vacation!

And yes...we are still waiting for our commission/perks from Royal Caribbean...we have nothing but the best things to say about them!

Daleed 77,

Sorry I didn't get back with you...I went to the Masters & then up to D.C...but my brother seemed to give you the same info I would have.

You only have a few more weeks to go...must be getting excited!

Chris

I didn't read every post but are you party guys going on the EOS 5/8?

I am going with my husband and we are taking his son and son's girlfriend and his [b]SINGLE[/b] [b]beautiful[/b] 25 year old daughter.
Not sure of your age group, but I know that Daughter loves to dance and party all night. BUt she is a good girl ( we think) and if anyone lays a hand on her we will have to snuff you out!!!.
Because of their party habits we got them a D1 balcony and we took the OS... They come to our room first and have "free" refreshments then go out... I know I know we are bad influences on our kids,,, but they are grown now.
Anyway it sounds like you (grizzly) and some others might be on this cruise.
P.S. I am from Tampa, never wanted to leave..

moofus,

We are on the 5/8 sailing of the Explorer!

As for your Beautiful & Single sailing companion...you're a year too late...we all have girlfriends now :D .

You guys are more than welcome to party with us though. We range in ages from 27 (my girlfriend...I'm 28) to 54 (my parents). Other than my parents most in our group are in their early 30's.
It's funny how you say you're a bad influence as me and my brothers & our buddies all love partying with my parents. I wonder if your OS can fit our wild group of 17 ;) .

Where in Tampa are you? I'm in Westchase.

Chris

Well, I'm glad you all have girlfriends now! I wasn't really trying to set my daughter up, but maybe she could have a good time partying with all of you. As for us, My husband and I are in our early 50s and look forward to meeting your parents, too.

Funny you mention the party in the OS. October before last we did the NE Canada trip on Grandeur out of Boston. It was the last sailing and only about 2/3 full because it was so darned cold. We met so many nice people at our M and M and through the boards, that we did host a party for about 20 in our OS on formal night and it was really great, everyone brought something to drink, wine or beer or other stuff and we provided what we could. We had our attendant do the food for us, and we just had a blast. Of course everyone behaved and no one trashed our room. That is a stipulation. So we will see how things go and how the hubby feels about it and will let you know after we are under way.
I am in Orlando now, but I went to USF and my father was birn and raised in Tampa. He is in Palma Ceia area I lived closer to the University in condo across from the university and in a house or two in Temple Terrace when it was nice. We moved from Tampa about 8 years ago, but IO still go back frequently to see dad, and the company I USED to work for had the regional office there, so I was there alot on Business. I used to work for Humana.

Are your parents from Tampa? Maybe I know them, right age group!

Hey Moofus -

Glad to see you made your way over here to our posting regarding last years cruise on the EOS and the upcoming one on the 8th! Here is the link to sign-up for the Meet and Mingle that we talked about on the other posting.

[url]https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do[/url]

Anyway, it seems like our two groups will blend well, I look forward to meeting/joining you all at some point in our cruise!

Grizzy (my brother Chris) is who you've been replying back and forth with, I'm his older brother Jeff. Our parents are both from Washington DC, but Chris and I were both born right here in Tampa...the rare native!!

So, what are you looking forward to most on this cruise? Have you ever been to the Western Caribbean? It is such a great itinerary that we've done it several years in a row.

Let us know if we can answer any questions you might have about the boat or the islands in general...talk to you later!

Grizzy, I know your on our cruise, and only posted once or twice, but I have a question, since you have cruised on the explorer a couple of times. Have any of your group, used Coral Breeze, for any tours, in Belize? If so, would you recommend them? Any ideas, for a group in grand cayman, besides the sting rays? We've done that before. We are looking for something, that includes seeing the island. We have plans for the all the other islands, but still have no plans for the other two islands. We've been to cozumel and GC, on other cruises. Thanks

happy go lucky,

It's getting so close...I can't wait!

I've never used Coral Breeze and only have what people say about them on the Belize boards to go on. They seem to be the biggest one out there and for the most part garner positive feedback.

Last year we just took the water taxi to Caye Caulker and found a guide on our own (who cost $17 for three snorkel stops). It's a little hectic using the water taxis and you have to come back a bit earlier due to their schedule.

As for Cayman...if our group wasn't doing SRC and other snorkel stops (which we've done the last 4 years and still enjoy) I would maybe rent a car and head to Rum Point. I would love to see what that part of the island looks like. I'm a total beach bum (that's why I live in Florida) and would also be completely content spending my day at 7 mile beach renting jet ski's, snorkelling from the shore, and throwing back some drinks.

Any new ideas or plans being hatched on the May 8th conga line thread? Haven't been there in a while.

Let me know if you have any more questions at all :D .

Chris

Grizzy, thanks for your input...I love the beach also, but with some never cruisen before, we'd like to get them, to see some of the islands. I thought SRC was the greatest. One does have that book. I hoping some others book it too. Just to here what they thought about it, especially when the sr come swimming in to the boat. That was so wild. Look like star wars.

Is the water taxi, anything like the one in Nassau? Little and jam packed. It's was fine for me, and my husband, but I know, some in our group, would not do it. For safety reasons. How long is the W T ride? Do you have any other info on that?

As for the Congas, we have the Heli pad, planned, for boarding day, and Portofinos, for a meeting with all the congas. Will you be joining us at some point? How many do you have going this cruise? We have 16 in my group. 3 couples have never cruised before. I can't wait to see what they do when they see the ship. They we be amazed.

They are all getting excited. We have a precruise party on this Sat. So they can't wait. This is why I'm trying to find out all this info, for them.

Thanks

happy go lucky,

You're welcome.

Never done the water taxi in Nassau. As for Belize it was about a 50 min. ride and was jam packed with locals going to work. Wasn't the most comfortable thing but I love boats so it was no big deal. The one back only had a fraction of the people on it. For a schedule and other info go to this site...click here

We'll try to make it down to the Helipad. I've done the meet and mingle and they have gotten so lame over the years. They used to give out a lot more.

We have 19 in our group and we're gonna party at moofus' Owner Suite all week...just kidding :D :cool: :D .

We have 3 or 4 first timmers but most in our group have cruised multiple times. Some are in the double digits (this will be my 8th).

Fire away if you need anymore info for your party.

Chris

Chris, is Belize, safe to talk around? Some say it's not. Ask the girls in your group, if Jewelry prices are good in Belize also.... How do you get all your group, to sit at dinner? We have 16, so I'm thinking we'll get 2 tables, near each other. If you plan on staying out late, you bound to see my group, out till 3am or so...

thanks again for your info,

Grizzy, you are so funny... but I am sure there will be some open parties in our cabin sometime during the cruise,,, ( have to get hubby out of his book, and after a few marts he's a partier too.)

As for Belize

I am thinking of getting a private charter for the family to go on a snorkel trip. We don't want to do an excursion with a crowd of 30 or so. Would you suggest this? I will look in to the prices for 5 of us, but maybe there will be someone from your group or the M and M that will want to join us if it is cheaper for a group of 10 or so. Do you think we can trust the private tour operators in Belize. Have you done this before?

And the same for Cozumel,, private snorkeling and some time on a beach. Who would you suggest?

As for Costa Maya,, Hubby and I are going to be looking at real Estate, with a broker... I am of the understanding the beach front is still affordable.. so I'm not sure we will have time for much else. What do you think for the 25-30 Year olds in our group... I doubt they want to treck to the ruins.

Archived