What is "Funvision" and what ships is it on?

NCLSEA123

I was wondering how long it takes after boarding for the fun vision to work? We are getting married on the Elation and get to pre board, so I want to try to get one of the coveted Cabanas rented in HMC. I figure this is the only way I may get one :)

I was wondering how long it takes after boarding for the fun vision to work? We are getting married on the Elation and get to pre board, so I want to try to get one of the coveted Cabanas rented in HMC. I figure this is the only way I may get one :)
I'm not sure how soon it starts working to book excursions (or a Cabana), but here is a post you might want to read about how they went about booking one on their Carnival cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6312761&postcount=12

John

Doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of not allowing your teens to charge on your s&s card? If it's so easy to order from the tv, and the parents don't know, and get charged, how do you stop the kids from charging the pay-per-views, or ordering adult movies?

In 1996 it wasn't called Funvision, and didn't have all the new perks, but we saw videos / options for shore excursions while we were on the Imagination. We ordered our excursion packages, was able to access Room Service menus (and order, for that matter, food/drinks). We didn't watch much of the tv, but they had ship information, schedules etc. so we turned it on whenever we were in the room for information and music even.

I'll be interested in seeing this new fangled way of using it when we cruise next :)

Still find it hard to believe that Princess has no interactive tv. Boggles the mind...people actually stand in long lines to check balances, reserve excursions, etc. Was hoping to see changes on the new Crown, but I don't think so.... :confused:

Ugh I know this was a big shock to me when we cruised on Princess. I was like this ship is way nicer than Carnival and you can't even check your account balance on the TV!

It was a huge pain to have to go to the pursers desk and wait in line to have them print it. Not to mention a waste of paper that I would discard after reviewing my account. I hope Princess catches on soon.

I neevr saw anything like this on the Celebration TV's a month ago.

That's why I started this thread, because I didn't see anything on the Jubilee last time I went. I guess that it is just on the Fantasy Class ships and higher now.

Anyone know if it is available on the Imagination. I thought I remember hearing it is available only on the ocean view rooms on some ships. It would be great not having to go the the purser's desk everytime I want to find out how much I have added up on my S&S card

Archived