Carnival did compensate for cancelling 8wk prior notice of wedding in Key West

Yesterday we talked to everybody and their brother with Carnival. As of Monday 5-8-06 Carnival changed our intineary of our cruise. My daughter was supposed to get married in Key WEst. Well within 8 weeks of sailing, most of our non-guest had thier flight hotels, etc....You can read the detail in my prior post. So the out come with Carnival yesterday is.... We get 1 hour reception with hot/cold hors d'oeuvres, 1 hour open bar, pianoist at the reception, champagne for all guest for toast, and they are also throwing in an ice scuplture, up to twenty guest I already paid for, but after the first 20 they are going to pick it up, cake upgrade, floral upgrade. Also my daughter and her fiance got an upgrade in their room. So I guess I can't complain, at least they did something. But I still think after everything is cooled down, I am writing carnival a letter...just to tell them how difficiult it was to our guest

to try to make different plans especially 4th of July weekend.

I'm so glad that they are trying to make the situation better. It doesn't make up for it completely but it's something! I think I would still write a letter if I were you because you're right, that was a huge inconvenience for all of your guests. I hope that your daughter's wedding is everything she imagined it to be!

Archived