luggage and disembarkation

GORDONCHICK

Since your luggage is in a "warehouse" with everyone else's, most of it looks alike. While it is grouped by the color tags they give out the day before disembarkation, it can still be a little overwhelming. Try marking your luggage in a unique way. Some use ribbon or bandanas (make sure they don't come untied easily), we have taken to using colored duct tape on the handles of our luggage. We use purple, so don't the rest of y'all start using purple!!!!!

We use luggage belts, there are now some with TSA locks. We do not send our luggage off the ship without it being locked. You can take the locks off at the airport if you need to, just lock it for embarkation and disembarkation.

I've also learned the hard way to attach leather luggage tags with a cable tie, as well as the normal "buckle" that comes with it. My newer bags have a very nice feature, luggage tags that slide out rather than attachable tags.

I've got it even easier than ya'll. I bought 2 sets of luggage, 1 LIME GREEN, and the other TURQUIOSE. It was very inexpensive and I'll bet you that I can find mine faster than anyone:D

I forgot to mention that besides the purple duct tape, we have the neon green TSA locks. So even is someone uses either tape or locks in the same color, the chances of using both are pretty small.

You win!!!

We have flourescent green luggage tags and TSA locks. And then we put huge bright colored shower poofs on the handles. Even if from a distance people think the bag's theirs, when they go to grab the handle and encounter that shower poof they let go.:D

I got several compliments on my last 4 cruises and my last several times through the airport about the shower poof.

Gordon,

Way back in the 70s while going on a school trip I was told one of the best ways to notice your luggage. My name shortened is Jo. They said either using your initials or nickname, take colored electrical tape and do a large set of letters on the side of the luggage. My red luggage still has large blue letters JO on the side. Believe me, you can spot it real easy in the mass of otherwise plain luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived