POH...port or starboard??

SusanMelody

As MikeKaye said, absolutely port. You will see more skyline from your balcony as you leave Honolulu--you will see the lights and vistas of Kahului as you approach in the early dawn--you will see the lights of Kailua-Kona in early dawn--and especially you will see the NaPali coast of Kauai. All from your port balcony. Both sides of the ship will get the lava flows (assuming the ship goes by there--on our cruise they did not on the POAm); other approaches and departures are pretty much done in the dark, and are equal port and starboard. We chose port specifically for these reasons and were not disappointed.

I think forward would be great. Port is the best, however be advised that sometimes the ships take different routes based on sea conditions. Sometimes they go the other way around kauai, if that happens then the Na Pali coast would be starboard. Unlikely but it does happen

RuUp2it-

be careful on the far forward cabins on the POH- we were booked in one and then I discovered the first three or four cabins have the "enclosed" (in hull) balcony. Some people like these, some people don't. We didn't want it for this itin so moved back to the fifth cabin from the front.

I meant the views, or obstruction thereof, from an owner's suite on the starboard side. Didn't know if the port side view would be blocked by the other balcony dividers. I'm assuming that anything to see short of 90 degrees port would be ok..:)

RuUp2it-

be careful on the far forward cabins on the POH- we were booked in one and then I discovered the first three or four cabins have the "enclosed" (in hull) balcony. Some people like these, some people don't. We didn't want it for this itin so moved back to the fifth cabin from the front.

How can you find out if the cabin you booked has these enclosed balconies? I know I've seen pictures of these and that's not what we want. We are on POH 11018 and 11020. I think they are farther back than 5 cabins from the front of the ship.

Archived