Jolly Mon day sail...

lanabanana

Can someone chime in who has used the Jolly Mon for a day sail? The advantage is they go from Charlotte Amalie and you save the cab fare to Red Hook. We've used Rumbaba in the past and been very happy. Their food is particularly good, but they go out of Red Hook. So, I'm interested to hear from someone about the Jolly Mon trip. Please tell me about food, personalities, where you snorkeled and how much of the time you actually sailed.

Thanks a ton!

Saw your revue on runbaba and I am confused why would you go with another boat if Bobbie and Karen walk on water like you say?I went on a day sail and would not use any other but that is my thought.

I think I clearly explained why I would consider the Jolly Mon.....because it leaves FROM THE CRUISE SHIP AREA istead of Red Hook. I have absolutely no qualms about using Rumbaba again, and probably will. I'm just gathering info, if that's ok.

We used the Jolly Mon a few years ago and the owners were super. Only 6 of us onboard - which was the best part! We sailed to Buck Island and the sail boat owner (wife) snorkelled with us and pointed out various things. Food/snacks was mediocre, but we had a great time. Whole trip was about 4 hours.

My husband and I were on the RCCL Explorer for the April 2, 2006 sailing in the E. Caribbean. We were on the Jolly Mon snorkeling trip during that week and it probably was some of the best snorkeling we've ever done (and we've snorkeled alot!):)

The owners were very nice and the wife guided us to the best snorkeling areas of Buck Island. We even saw a small octopus! We had cheese, crackers, fruit and rum punch (or soft-drinks) on the sail back. I would recommend this trip and would go on it again.

Archived