uvero beach?

oakleys

can anyone give me info on uvero beach, costa maya, as we may do the dolphin swim there. i would like to know how far it is from the ships dock, & is there shopping etc nearby

thanks

can anyone give me info on uvero beach, costa maya, as we may do the dolphin swim there. i would like to know how far it is from the ships dock, & is there shopping etc nearby

thanks

Uvero Beach is beautiful ... we did the dolphin swim there in March... we did the later time .... We did the swim and stayed at the beach for a bit ... there is no shopping there but the buses leave back for the port every hour and you will still have plenty of time to shop at the port or go to Majahual to the beach for shopping after.....

thanks can you tell me how long the bus ride is? we are thinking of booking it & you get open bar etc after at the beach. but we want to have time to shop to for blankets etc

I HATED the beach. I just got back from a fabulous week on the Glory and will write a review soon. But this beach is filthy and full of seaweed. The sand is not white, the bathrooms dirty, even the palm trees look old and dried up. Maybe I'm spoiled since I live close to Clearwater, FL. I would save the $$$ and swim free at the cool pool right at the end of the dock in Costa Maya. Didn't do the dolphin swim as I've done that in the past in Grassy Key, FL. Anyway, that was the only part of the trip I disliked.

The ride is about 30-45 minutes.... you can easily do the swim and play at the beach and still have time to shop...or leave right after the swim go back to the port and rent a golf cart or take a taxi over to Majahual... We rented the golf cart for a few hours ... it was like a 12 minute ride in the golf cart but my daughter found it amusing.... at Majahual the beach is beautiful, the shops are plentiful and the food is cheap.....

If you want pictures of both beaches email me at walkswife@yahoo.com

just got back from the Glory & did the Dolphin swin, IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!!! Loved every minute of it & if you don't want to stay you can jump back on the bus & go shopping or swimming in the pool at the end of the pier!!!

I HATED the beach. I just got back from a fabulous week on the Glory and will write a review soon. But this beach is filthy and full of seaweed. The sand is not white, the bathrooms dirty, even the palm trees look old and dried up. Maybe I'm spoiled since I live close to Clearwater, FL. I would save the $$$ and swim free at the cool pool right at the end of the dock in Costa Maya. Didn't do the dolphin swim as I've done that in the past in Grassy Key, FL. Anyway, that was the only part of the trip I disliked.

I found the beach to be quite nice...here is a link to another thread that explains further about the problems? here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=324750

My problems were self inflicted... but beware, they will serve teens alcohol (as well as middle aged women :o )

Archived