Transportation between Whittier and Vancover

crazy4bears

Thinking about booking an Alaskan cruise. Vancover to Whittier. I had thought about flying to Seattle and taking train to Vancover. Now how do I get back to Vancover from Whittier? Thias would be our first for Alaska.:rolleyes:

Thinking about booking an Alaskan cruise. Vancover to Whittier. I had thought about flying to Seattle and taking train to Vancover. Now how do I get back to Vancover from Whittier? Thias would be our first for Alaska.:rolleyes:

Two ways to do this:1. RT Illinois to Seattle. One way Anchorage to Seattle on Alaska Airlines. IF you book early enough on Alaska (like October/November for next summer), the one way prices are pretty reasonable. If you are close to Chicago, any of the majors generally have decent prices RT Seattle, although AA and United have more sales. Both use Chicago as big hubs.

2. Use the multi city option on any of the airline websites or Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc. Out of Illinois to Seattle-flight one. Out of Anchorage to Illinois-flight 2.

Whittier is 50 miles from Anchorage so you will have to take train, shuttle or rental car to get to Anchorage. The Anchorage airport is very crowded and very slow, especially on cruise days. Plan on two hours to get through security before departure.

We are doing this cruise next month. We got a muticity flight on Travelocity on Alaska Air: Phx to Seattle, then Anchorage to Phx (stops in Seattle).

My SIL booked round trip to Seattle on Southwest (frequent flyer coupons) and then booked one-way from Anchorage to Seattle. I did book very early (about 7 months ago) and found that rates didn't go down at all. They just keep going up.

We are taking the Amtrak Cascades train at 7:30 out of Seattle. All the other Amtrak routes are by bus. I have read it is really worth it to use the train and upgrade to business class so that's what we did.

There are many companies that offer transportation from Whittier to Anchorage. We found the least expensive for us was a Limo with Limousines of Alaska since we have 13 people in our group.

Have fun planning!:)

Archived