For people having trouble reading the blue on gray

Snowball

I just thought of something that might help you.
[list]
[*]You can go into your Display Properties (just go onto your blank desktop and right click on the mouse - click properties).
[*]Click on the Settings tab on the right
[*]then click on Advanced in the low right hand side.
[*]Another window should pop up - Click on the Color Correction Tab
[*]then adjust the contrast scale a little to the right so it is off-center.
[/list]When I do that the background in cruise critic appears more like blue on white than blue on gray. I hope this helps! :)

[size=3][b]Thanks Debbie.....Maybe this will help some.....I will leave mine as is because the blue on grey is VERY easy for me to read....and glad you said "grey"......some were saying blue on blue so I knew it had to be something with their monitors.[/b][/size]

[quote name='Host Randy'][size=3][b]some were saying blue on blue so I knew it had to be something with their monitors.[/b][/size][/QUOTE]________________________________________________________________

[b][size=3][color=darkslategray]Actually, Randy, ;) MOST everybody has said 'blue on blue' when commenting on this. The color could be misconstrued as being either very light blue or light gray.[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkslategray][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkslategray] It really doesn't matter; the fact IS that the two colors are TOO near each other in the color spectrum to be discernible. I'm glad your young eyes can read it very well - but it's a REAL problem for a lot of us. [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f]BTW, thx for at least responding to our many concerns! Nobody at the other site will respond at all - you know, the site where we were TOLD we could ask questions or make comments about our concerns. [/color][/size][/b]

[quote name='Cotton']________________________________________________________________

[b][size=3][color=darkslategray]I'm glad your young eyes can read it very well - [/color][/size][/b]

[/QUOTE]
[size=4][color=red]Why thank you......these YOUNG eyes are behind reading glasses while on the computer......lol:D[/color] [/size]

[quote name='hockeymom']OK I give up! How do I change the font size and color??

Judy[/QUOTE]
[b][font=Georgia] [/font][/b]
[size=4][color=red]Go into USER CP while you are logged in.[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=red]Choos Edit Options[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=red]Scroll until you see the option under Miscellanous - Message Editor Interface[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=red]Choose "full WYSIWYG interface" [/color][/size]
[size=4][color=red]and save![/color][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black]Ok, I have figured out how to change my font, font size and color. What I would like to know, is there a way to save this as default so I don't have to change it everytime?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black]Overall, I like the new boards, but the blue on light/blue or light/gray IS very hard for me to read![/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='MoonBaby'][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=black]Ok, I have figured out how to change my font, font size and color. What I would like to know, is there a way to save this as default so I don't have to change it everytime?[/color][/size][/font]

[/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=red][b]I sooooooooo agree with you but I haven't found anything yet.[/b][/color][/size]:confused:

[size=4]Cotton: I found out that if you click on a thread and then just do post a reply it will give you the litte window for posting. If you then scroll down you can see all of the previous posts on that thread. I know its not the greatest, but it may help until they can get the background color issue worked out. We sure don't want to lose you because you provide such good information. DW (Bonnie) just stopped by and said what she does when she can't read something because of the colors, is she just highlights the text and it turns to a black background with white text. That is another option to try.[/size]

[b][size=3][color=darkslategray]Tjohn ~ Man, I do believe you've just saved my eyes!!! :eek: [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f]It worked! THANK you so very much! (And yes, highlighting would work, too, as I just tried both methods.) [/color][/size][/b]

[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f]You're my HERO!!!:D [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkslategray]....and thx for the compliment![/color][/size][/b]

Archived