Leaving in 5 weeks, what to do???

regionboiler

We are leaving on our cruise in five weeks and my wife is unsure about the Stingray excursion, although my daughters and I really want to do this. I am sure she will decide once we are on the ship. If I wait until we arrive at port, will there still be room left with any of the independent companys?

Can I reserve spaces now, without paying until we arrive? If so, which companys offer this?

As a last resort, I figure we will have to pay the higher price for the Carnival excursion.

IMHO Stingray City has been the best excursion DH & I have taken in 14 cruises. Hope your wife can make up her mind before you cruise as the excursion is one of the most popular ones in Grand Cayman.

If DW is uneasy about being out with the stingrays she should have no fear. I'm terrified of water, can't swim yet I spent about 45 minutes out in water up to my chest feeding them and petting them. It was an experience I will always treasure.

Dianne

I am convinced that she will agree to go, even if she stays on the boat.

Question still stands, at this late date, will I be unable to secure spots on private excursions at the pier, or will we have to go through Carnival?

I am convinced that she will agree to go, even if she stays on the boat.

Question still stands, at this late date, will I be unable to secure spots on private excursions at the pier, or will we have to go through Carnival?

I just booked with Captain Bryans Tour this past Thursday for 5/29 for 5 people. We will be on the Inspiration leaving Tampa on 5/27. I would say that you have a shot with them or Moby Dick, Captain Marvin, Soto's to name a few

Hi,

I agree withthe list on the last post but I'd push to reserve something before you go. Most take a credit card for confirmation but don't charge until you show up (I'd suggest calling in your card instead of providing it on a web form). Also this is so popular that you stand a chance of no availability once you arrive. As my wife calls them "the puppies of the sea". I normally don't condone touching sea life but they come to you and it is an event you shouldn't miss.

Randall

Archived