Anyone Cruised on the Holiday?

Janet&Ty

We have decided on a beach vacation this year, but would like to take another cruise in the future. Mobile is a fairly easy drive for us. For other cruises, we would have to fly. I know the Holiday is an older ship and lacks verandahs (except for suites). I guess I'm concerned about the age of the ship. Photos of the staterooms don't look that great (except for the suites). We are spoiled by Disney, but they are getting $$$ plus having to fly in, which is more $$$. Please tell me about this ship, shore excursions, food, shows, etc. We would like one good beach day. Also, our young son would be traveling with us. Thanks!!!:D

Many of us enjoy the smaller, more intimate ships. I've cruised on the Holiday four times, and will do so again. Yep, she's the oldest and smallest ship in Carnival's present fleet, but still in good shape. Nice, new bedding has been put in place, downy soft duvets, etc. Carnival's cabins are the largest of any line, and I've never found any friendlier crew or staff. The food, entertainment, and excursions are just the same as other Carnival ships.:)

Back in April 2002 we enjoyed an 11 day cruise of the Western Caribbean on the Holiday in Cabin 121 and oceanveiw cabin on Deck 3. It was a very enjoyable cruise and the staff was excellent at the time. The ship was clean and well taken care of at the time. We had no complaints. We had some high sea conditions in some of the Mexican ports so the Captain changed the itinerary around and later came back to those ports when the weather was better. The Holiday handled well in the rough waves. We barely felt the rough waves and sleep well despite them.

Yes it is small but would sail on her without a doubt if I had to again.

I was on it's sister ship, the Celebration, last September. It also was a very nice boat with great crew members. But our ship did show it's size when it came to battling the 18' waves from Hurricane Rita!

It also just came out of a 21 day dry dock. After FEMA got finish with using it. It went to dry dock and got a makeover. Right now it is in the greatest shape to go on a cruise.

Anyone Cruised on the Holiday?

Nope - Carnival just sends it out empty for practice!:D

Seriously, we just were on the Holiday and can recommend it without any reservations at all (except your booking, of course). You might find it cheaper than a land based beach vacation - and a MUCH better value. As for being "spoiled" by Disney - We figured we were spoiled by Holland America - wrong. The Holiday spoiled us for HAL!

Yep, I've sailed on Holiday but I doubt I'll be much help to you. It was our first cruise back in 1989:D ! I can tell you for certain that I loved that ship back then and it's the one that hooked us on cruising.

We just returned 5/13/06 from the Holiday, and it was FANTASTIC!!! My first cruise, so nothing to compare it to, but the rooms were very nice, super comfortable bedding!! The Food was delicious!!! The staff was super friendly, very helpful!!! We did shore excursions in both ports (Cozumel and Calica) and were well satisfied with these. Overall it was a wonderful vacation!!!

Yahoocruiser - I was on the April 15th cruise too. It was my first cruise and I had a great time! The staff was fantastic, especially the dining room staff. I will definitely be cruising again soon!:D

Thanks for all the info! I read somewhere :confused: , that one of the Carnival ships would be sailing out of New Orleans for 2007. That is also a workable drive for us. I believe it is next oldest to Holiday, but I don't know the name.

Archived