Live From The Legend

You're killing me.

This reminds me that it's been a YEAR since I was on the Legend! I know exactly where I was sitting in the cafe when I tried it, and posted a LIVE from thread, after swearing I'D NEVER DO ONE!

The CD Is Trevor. I don't know his last name. We arrived in San Juan at about 10:00AM because we had a sick passenger. The weather has been great. The captain spoke at a mother's day celebration where we had free cake. He is a total gentleman who also let us take pictures together. I have to go, let me know any questions. Lon Live the Legend!

I took this Legend cruise last May and I loved it! We are taking the same cruise again in September and I am more excited about it this time becaue I know what to expect now. It wasn't until I took my last cruise in March on NCL that I realized how wonderful the Legend really is!!!

The food is excellent! The staff are wonderful and always smiling! Not only do you have lots of legroom in the showroom but you even have table to set your drinks on! Believe me, until you sit in a showroom with your knees jammed up against the seat in front of you and are made to hold your drink because there was no place to set it down, you don't realize what a gem the Legend really is! And the buffet area was like a 5 star restaurant compared to our NCL cruise which was like eating in a hospital lunch room!!

I might even do this cruise again next Spring and take my mother this time!

I think we got there about 11:30 and were on the ship by about 12:30-1:00. I would never book a shore excursion with Carnival again. I took the long bay beach excursion and while the beach is beautiful, you couldn't go in the water because it was very rocky. Some of these rocks were really large and stuck up from the bottom. If you tried to swim you were taking your life into your hands. The other people on the tour were waiting in the cab because they couldn't wait to get back to the ship. They wouldn't let you use the pool. The lunch was Ok but for $85 per person it was a waste. The day before we took the downtown shopping/beach getaway. The shopping was ok. They took us downtown in St Thomas and we shopped for 2 hours. Then they brought us back to the ship to change into bathing suits and then brought us to the Beachcomber Hotel/resort. Then this guy in long blonde hair tells us that if you want to get anything to eat you should order it early because it will take a long time to get it (we are there for only two hours). Or we could get a sandwich at the bar. I went to the bar and there were no sandwiches. I tried to go into the restaurant section and there was one older woman acting as waitress trying to take care of everyone. So I went back to the bar and ate potato chips. You get one small rum punch, so I ordered another drink and was shocked to pay $9.00!!! Also it was by the airport so everytime a plane came in I felt I had to duck my head because the planes were very low! I am not letting any of this bother me. I know it sounds as if I am. I went to the excursion deck and told him if someone gets hurt they could have a lawsuit on their hands. This is merely an inconvenience overall as the ship is beautiful, the food is excellent and the staff is great.

Archived