Fantasy vs. Holiday

Janet&Ty

Thinking of a possible cruise next summer. The Fantasy is sailing out of New Orleans next summer. It is not a bad drive for us to either New Orleans or Mobile. Was wondering pros and cons of these ships. I know Holiday is smaller and older. I know Fantasy may provide the opportunity for a balcony w/o having to pay for a suite. What are other differences? Would one be superior for a 7 yr old boy? Thanks!

Thinking of a possible cruise next summer. The Fantasy is sailing out of New Orleans next summer. It is not a bad drive for us to either New Orleans or Mobile. Was wondering pros and cons of these ships. I know Holiday is smaller and older. I know Fantasy may provide the opportunity for a balcony w/o having to pay for a suite. What are other differences? Would one be superior for a 7 yr old boy? Thanks!

A 7 year old boy will not care either way - they will have a ball! Fantasy balconies are ONLY in suites.

Pick the ports and things that your 7 year old will want to do, it is pretty simple, if the cruise is about him, you can't go wrong either way!

Have a great one!

Thanks for the heads-up on the balconies, Nick. We'll have to check out the shore excursions and ports and decide. Is Fantasy a bigger ship?

Yes, the Fantasy is bigger and a little newer. The Holiday is the oldest and smallest. Both ships are going to show their age, but are great ships.

These numbers are rounded and off top of my head, may be a little off:

Holiday - 1985, 46,000 tons, just under 1500 passengers double, 1800 full

Fantasy - 1990, 70,000 tons, just over 2000 passengers double, 2600 full

Both ships have the same itineraries - they just leave from different ports. The main difference is the stretch of the Mississippi River you go down/up on the Fantasy. Been on the Holiday - LOVED IT. Going on the Fantasy - can hardly wait. Would go back on the Holiday in a heartbeat. Either ship will be great for a 7 YO. Prices are almost exactly the same, too. Depends on what you want - Fantasy has more of a "big ship" feel 'cause of the cool atrium, but to say the Holiday is "small" is relative - it's bigger than the WWII battleship moored in Mobile!

Archived