Help me understand

Can someone please explain to me the credits that are allotted for Crown and Anchor members? I keep hearing about "points" vs. "sailings." I just booked a 12 night sailing on Explorer of the Seas in a Jr. Suite. How does that enhance my Crown and Anchor status? I thought your status increases with each sailing, but then why are there points or credits given? And does Celebrity and C & A overlap at all when it comes to credits received?

After the cruise is completed, everyone gets 1 credit. If you are staying in a JS or higher, you get an additional credit. If your sailing is longer than 11 (I think) nights, you get another credit. So, you could potentially earn up to 3 credits for your cruise. If you sail with Celebrity, you get credit with Celebrity, it is not added to your RCI crown and anchor credits. However, If you obtain say Platinum status with RCI, you are automatically the same status with celebrity and vice versa. I hope this helps.:)

Correct RoyalWomen. Just got back from 11 and not in a suite - worth one. Not really fair - I think it should be based on nights cruised. I suppose live near a port and do a bunch of threes/fours is the answer if you want to be Diamond +.

C&A credits are applied as follows:

1 credit per cruise

1 additional credit for JS or higher

1 additional credit for 12 night or longer cruise/cruisetour

3 credits max per cruise/cruisetour

1-4 credits = Gold

5-9 credits = Platinum

10-23 credits = Diamond

24+ credits = Diamond Plus

So, to the OP, you will receive 3 credits for your 12 nighter in a JS. We got 3 credits for our 12 night Alaska cruisetour in a JS last year. Popped us right up to Platinum status after 2 cruises. :D

Archived