Security of Stuff When You Snorkel?

escapeartist

There were only 20 or so people on our Captina Marvin's snorkel, so we just left all our stuff on the boat (we shoved it under a bench), as did everyone else on the tour. I don't know that I would have done that had there been a lot of people on the tour, but we had no problems. In fact, we did the same thing this last time we used CM's.

We've done snorkels both with Carnival tours and private tours, and always felt that our belongings were safe. Just to be on the safest side, I did bring a waterproof case to hold our cash, S&S cards, and credit card, and that worked out great. Anything vital like passports just got stuffed down the very bottom of our well-stuffed bag and stowed under the bench.

I noticed that they had the waterproof cases in the gift shop onboard (I only saw them in red), as well as non-waterproof neck wallets, in case you aren't able to get hold of one before you leave home.

Archived