Pictures from the Fantasy-GT, HMC & Nassau

Jenmars23

Originally Posted by notmay

Silly me! I meant to ask if you could walk to Atlantis from the cruise dock?

I personally would not suggest walking with having to deal with all the traffic, you would have to cross a bridge and they do not drive slow at all:rolleyes: !! Catch a cab or a water taxi, I am not sure the cost but not pricey at all

Tina

Last year's cruise DEC on the CELEBRATION.......

I took the water taxi over to the ATLANTIS......

It was $6 round trip.......They will give you two

tickets,one for the trip over and one for coming back.........

They will fill the little boat up with other people.......

Traveling solo,I thought this to be safer way for me........

I would never get in a taxi alone....................

HI thanks for sharing your pics. I am going on the Elation in Nov to get married and these are our ports. The last picture of Grand Turk, is that all that is there?? We are trying to plan what to do where. thanks!

That's not all that is there, but I don't think there was too much else. I was pretty hung over and just laid by the pool, but our tablemates walked almost the whole island. They went to Duke Street. That's really the only other place (correct me if I'm wrong) that there are hotels and restaurants. They said the food was fanatstic and drink prices much more reasonable than at Margaritaville. THe thing to do on Grand Turk is scuba dive. Governors beach is said to have beautiful coral and marine life. People were not recommending the hop on off bus ride, there wasn't too much to see and people got stuck at the lighthouse. I heard about renting bicycles (not through Carnival) to explore the island, that sounded fun. Maybe next time I will be able to see more. It is a beautiful beach stop. I would just try to relax on the beach or snorkel. The band and the DJ at the cruise center were a little obnoxious at times.

Thanks for the pics. My first cruise was on the Fantasy, October 2004, and I have so many fond memories of it that I love to see pictures of the Fantasy. There are never to many pictures.

When I was on the Fantasy there was a line one night for the dining room, it was kind of funny because you have assigned seating so there really is no need to be in line first. That being said, it was fun to dine in the dining room and the food was great so we always liked to get there right on time. I never saw a line for the dining room when it was 2 or 3 minutes after the seating time.

Glad to hear you had fun and for those going you will have a blast. Until you have to leave of course.

Candy

May this day find you at peace and fill you with hope.

Great Pictures! I decided at the last minute and with the great sale today and tomorrow that my family (first time cruisers except me!) should try a cruise at the end of June. We picked the Fantasy this afternoon. They want to take a short 4 day - in case they don't like it! :rolleyes: I have never been on this class of ship and was really curious. The pictures have helped!

Also, I have only been in a balcony cabin and this will be my first time in an OV. How is the ventilation in there? My DD will be traveling with a smoker.

Thank you!

Great Pictures! I decided at the last minute and with the great sale today and tomorrow that my family (first time cruisers except me!) should try a cruise at the end of June. We picked the Fantasy this afternoon. They want to take a short 4 day - in case they don't like it! :rolleyes: I have never been on this class of ship and was really curious. The pictures have helped!

Also, I have only been in a balcony cabin and this will be my first time in an OV. How is the ventilation in there? My DD will be traveling with a smoker.

Thank you!

The ventilation seemed fine to me. The cabin was not too cold and smelled fine. The air conditioning was on the brink for about 3 hours our last night, but I think the aft cabins felt it the most. I was fine, mid-ship. We are non-smokers, but I don't think there is enough ventilation to smoke in the cabin. There are plenty of places to smoke on the ship.

Archived