Carnival Excursions

PAMWANTSTOCRUISE

Does anyone know the difference between the following excursions offered through Carnival.

Stingray, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience

Stingray City & Island Tour

It looks they they both do the same thing. Same amount of time. But there is a $15.00 difference.

Anyone have a clue?? It's not a lot of money, just curious.

Thanks in advance.

I would guess that the one that goes to the turtle farm is the most expensive because it includes the entry fee to the turtle farm. Otherwise I would imagine they will both go to the same places, including Hell. All the tour buses pretty much go to the same places...Hell, past the 7MB area, the old house with the shells and sand in the yard, the Governor's mansion, and a few other places.

We liked the island tour because we saw enough of the area that we knew we wanted to come back for a week, which we did in Janurary.

Have a great time! :)

We noticed the same thing! The only thing we can figure out is the cheaper one just drives by Seven Mile Beach while the other one stops for a photo op. Also, did you notice that the cheaper one included "rum" punch while the other one does not???

I wish someone who has experienced one of these excursions would post for us!:confused:

I found my Grand Cayman Shore Tour flyer from when we were there on the Triumph, but I don't see where there is any difference. I looked in my stuff from when we were there last January, and it cost us $6 each (for adults). So it's hard to say what the difference is. Hopefully somone will come along and answer your questions.

One thing I do remember is that when we booked our island tour (on the ship), there were several "tours" with slightly different names. I asked the tour person what that was about and he said they are the same thing, they just give them different names so to spread out the people. It could just be a typo, but who knows.

Yeah, the cheaper one has rum punch the more expensive one says fruit punch.

Both of tours go to Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray.

One does mention photo op at the homestead. Is that worth $15???

I feel like I am missing something here. I don't want to book the cheaper one and find out later I missed something on the other tour. But I don't want to be a sucker either. Ya know?

Oh well, eenie, meenie, miney, moe I guess.

What was the $6 for?? Is that the entry for Turtle?

Our issue probably isn't a typo becaue it is on their website.

It cost us $6 to get into the turtle farm. We're adults, so I don't know what they charge for children. I really don't have a clue. The "old homestead" is a house along the roadside. Every tour bus stops there. They have sand in the yard (instead of grass), and conch shells all over the place. It's a real pretty house, but they aren't charging you to stop there (you're there about a minute or two). I believe someone lives in the house...can you imagine all those tour buses stopping all day in front of your house?

I did look at the info that Carnival faxed us on excursions, and the one that is $49 and shows it being 3 1/2 hours is listed in the brochure that they gave us on the ship for $49 and 4 1/2 hours. It's the same thing. So there was a discrepency there.

I don't know...hmmm...I'd probably call the excursion people and see if they can clarify it for you. I can't imagine they'd just charge an extra $15 for nothing. Someone on CC would have screamed to high-heaven by now if they were over-charged, and I don't really recall seeing anything like that posted.

I sure wouldn't want to pay an extra $15 and not know what it's for. Good luck.... :)

Thanks for the information.

Maybe I will just wait until I get on the ship and ask.

I am sure either excursion will be great.

Can you call them? I called HAL and talked to a rep about our upcoming cruise excursions. I didn't pre-book any Carnival excursions on our cruise because at that time, you couldn't. If you can pre-book, maybe they know what the difference is.

Whatever you end up doing...have a wonderful time. :)

I asked my PVP the same question. He rarely knew the answer to anything I asked him, and couldn't answer me specifically in this case. But he did say an "experience" was always going to give you more than a "tour". If you read the tours carefully, there are big differences between "visit" somplace vs. "view" someplace. One you go in, one you drive by. "tour" vs. "see" mean a different experience too. So the differences in wording are subtle, but would account for the price difference, since you really are "experiencing" more on some tours.

If anyone out there has actually done the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City Experience...do you remember about how long you stayed in each location?

Thanks

Archived