QM2 Dry Cleaning/Pressing

tartegnin

Can anyone help with some details on the dry cleaning and pressing services available? Particularly, how long does it take to have clothes returned and is there any difference if it's dry cleaned or just pressed? To make this a real holiday, I'd like to just dump the suitcase in for pressing ... assuming the timing and cost are not too out of line.

The costs are very reasonable for laundry and dry cleaning and pressing. Sorry I don't know the exact prices, but it's much less than we pay on land in England.

If you hand the washing in on one morning, it appears back in your room the next night, or you can pay 50% surcharge for an express service which I think is same-day.

You may not be able to bear to do it, but you could pack your cases with loads of dirty clothes, and get them all done on board, with no worries about creases!

There are also self-service launderettes on each deck if you miss ironing whilst on holiday.

Does anyone recall if they have a "unlimited laundry" option for a fixed price for a transatlantic cruise?

I know on HAL we paid one price for as much laundry as we wanted to send and find it very convenient.

And very cheap? Did the all-in price include ironing? I don't know about the QM2 but the QE2 never offered that option when she was doing the transatlantic route.

I'm fairly sure that QM2 does not have "unlimited laundry" but here are just some of the individual prices:

LADIES: dry clean/ or press only / laundry only

dress - $10.00/7.00/8.00

skirt - $5.50/4.25/5.00

sweater - $5.00/3.75/4.50

bra :) - $2.50/ - /2.00

MENS:

2 piece suit - $11.00/8.00/ -

jacket - $5.50/4.25/5.00

shirt - $5.00/3.75/4.50

neck tie -$2.25/1.25/ -

Regular service: picked up by10am, returned 7pm second day.

Same day service: add 50% surcharge - picked up before 9am and returned

7pm same evening.

- - hope this helps!

This is very good and useful information - makes more sense sometimes to have certain items dry-cleaned or pressed once onboard, rather than open up a suitcase of wrinkled clothes.

The laundry and dry cleaning services are fast and efficient. There is one caveat: Be sure to write any special instructions from the garment tag on the order form. Don't assume that the laundry personnel will read the tags. Some garments (especially ladies' shirts, slacks, skirts, etc. and specifically Misook) can be ruined by ironing, but can be washed and tumbled dry.

Also, be sure to note if the garment is silk, etc. We had an excellent experience on the QE2 with the laundry and dry cleaning services (forget the launderette), but I did lose one expensive Misook top which was stretched into an unrepairable shape because I didn't note DO NOT IRON on the order form. After that one incident, I was more careful and there were no problems.

Archived