Star Princess vs Carnival Miracle

DcJohn

I am a member of a large club and, we're looking for a cruise for President's week (February) 2007. We've narrowed it down to the Western Caribbean and narrowed it down even further to either Star Princess vs. Carnival Miracle. I've sailed both Princess and Carnival and like both lines very much. We have a huge mix of people from senior citizens to families with school age children. Our TA has both cruises on hold for us but, we need to make a decision very soon. Which ship would you select?

Email: john.ch.duncan@gmail.com

We don't sail on the Miracle until October. But having sailed on 2 of her sister ships, I can say that I love the floor plan of this ship.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong on either. The Spirit class ships were designed to be more subdued. The bars are more spread out...which Carnival implies leads to a less "party" atmosphere.

Other things to consider:

Does anyone on your group have any "fears" about the fire incident?

Are they a late night group?

With it being President's Week, I don't think the number of children will be an issue...since that isn't near Spring Break. But will the fact that Princess limits the number of children on each cruise be a benefit?

Is anyone in your group addicted to karaoke? (since I know first hand the excellent job Carnival does with its karaoke)

If you have sailed both lines, then you are far more qualified to make a recommendation. Happy cruising, which ever ship you select!!!

I think either ship would be a great choice. The Star Princess is a Grand Class ship (109,000 tons) that carries about 2,600 pax. Here is a link to a CC review of the ship: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=255 The Miracle is a Spirit Class ship (88,000 tons) that carries about 2,100 pax. Here is the Miracle CC review link:http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=295. Give us some more information as to what specifically you are looking for aboard ship.

Archived