Please help me figure this out

beancounterbeth

We have book the Grand Cayman Jeep Safari. The time zone thing still has me confused.

They said:

Reserved Date/Time: August 30th, 2006 --- 9:30am pickup ** LOCAL TIME ** SAME AS USA CENTRAL DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ZONE **

Meeting Time: 8:15am ** LOCAL TIME **

I responded with:

I am confused as to exactly what time to meet. My ship, Freedom of the Seas, gets to GC 9:00am Eastern Daylight Savings Time. The email confirmation you sent says to meet at 8:15am local time and it also says 9:30am pickup local time. Is it 8:15 or is it 9:30? I was also told that GC didn't observe daylight savings time. I am just having a hard time figuring out when my ship gets to GC at 9:00am EDST and then I have to tender in how I would make it to the meeting spot by 9:15am EDST.

Then they said:

The Freedom is "predicted" to be in Port at 8:00am local Cayman time, most Ships arrive with one hour time difference during daylight saving periods. The Freedom is a brand new Ship and will be calling Cayman for the first time soon, we will know for sure if a time change certain upon the first Call to our Island. If the Freedom will change clocks to match local time your reservation would be re-sent and revised to depart one hour later.

So if I am reading what they are saying correctly the way I understand it is that I would only have 15 minutes to tender in and get to the meeting place. They said that once Freedom gets there for the first time they will know more but I don't understand what would change. We are supposed to be there at 9am EDST and I don't see RCCL changing the time they are to arrive.

I would really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

We have book the Grand Cayman Jeep Safari. The time zone thing still has me confused.

They said:

Reserved Date/Time: August 30th, 2006 --- 9:30am pickup ** LOCAL TIME ** SAME AS USA CENTRAL DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ZONE **

Meeting Time:8:15am** LOCAL TIME **

I responded with:

I am confused as to exactly what time to meet. My ship, Freedom of the Seas, gets to GC 9:00am Eastern Daylight Savings Time. The email confirmation you sent says to meet at 8:15am local time and it also says 9:30am pickup local time. Is it 8:15 or is it 9:30? I was also told that GC didn't observe daylight savings time. I am just having a hard time figuring out when my ship gets to GC at 9:00am EDST and then I have to tender in how I would make it to the meeting spot by 9:15am EDST.

Then they said:

The Freedom is "predicted" to be in Port at 8:00am local Cayman time, most Ships arrive with one hour time difference during daylight saving periods. The Freedom is a brand new Ship and will be calling Cayman for the first time soon, we will know for sure if a time change certain upon the first Call to our Island. If the Freedom will change clocks to match local time your reservation would be re-sent and revised to depart one hour later.

So if I am reading what they are saying correctly the way I understand it is that I would only have 15 minutes to tender in and get to the meeting place. They said that once Freedom gets there for the first time they will know more but I don't understand what would change. We are supposed to be there at 9am EDST and I don't see RCCL changing the time they are to arrive.

I would really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Wow! That is confusing!

Let me see if I have this figured out. I'm on CST.

You said the ship arrives at GC at 9:00 am EDST, but GC does not observe daylight savings then it would be 8:00 am EST, which is 9:00am CST.

If they meet at 9:15 am, then my advise would be, let the company know that you are concerned that someone will be waiting for you for a long time and you did not want to miss out on their cool jeep excursion. Find out if they have a later time to meet for this ship. Last year I had to take a later time slot due to "cutting" the time too close. I hope this helps!

Wow! That is confusing!

Let me see if I have this figured out. I'm on CST.

You said the ship arrives at GC at 9:00 am EDST, but GC does not observe daylight savings then it would be 8:00 am EST, which is 9:00am CST.

Actually, Eastern time is an hour ahead of Central time, so 8:00 am EST would be 7:00 CST.

Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time, so right now they are on the same time as CDST (which at the moment is 12:24 pm). If the ship is on EDST, then Grand Cayman would be an hour behind.

Basically, you are right to think that you'll only have 15 mins. to tender in and get to the meeting place. 9:15 ship time (or EDST) would be the same as 8:15 local time in Grand Cayman.

This website will tell you all you need to know:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=377

Archived