Besides your passport

BettyBoop3850

Might I suggest contacting the embassies concerned?

Just think what would happen if someone told you something here - with the best motives possible - but got it wrong?

You're probably okay being American - but you never know.

Always, in a case like this, better safe than sorry!

There are several resources available. Besides a travel agent or the cruise line or the embassies you should check out the official tourism websites for the countries visited or a travel resource site - not sure if I can name names here.

With the wealth of info available on the web its easy to find what you need in regards to travelling to other countries.

I asked them about this three times (the best formula) and the final answer was that US citizens did not need anything other than a passport at the places visited during the June 9th-July 3rd NY-UK-MED-UK-NY trip. So long as the ports on yours are the same countries, you're fine. If all else fails, call Cunard (at least twice) and ask them.

Sorry for the cutting comments, but Cunard seems to have a right-hand-blind-to-left problem sometimes. But eventually, I have always found someone who KNOWS. And then all is well.

Jimminy Christmas. As a US citizen, you don't need a visa to any western European country nor central European ones. I recently traveled between Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Croatia, Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, England -- none want a visa.

On the QE2 cruise to the Western Med just now, I only needed my passport to show to Cunard when embarking at Southampton. They gave me the Cunard ID card, and that's what you use to get on and off the ship at ports (and charge stuff on board). The locals don't check the passport, and I never took mine out of the cabin safe the whole trip.

Archived