Souvenir Glasses

I just wrap each one in clothes. Another idea is to use the same bubble-wrap or whatever method you use to bring wine (that isn't on the wine list of course) on board to wrap up the glasses at the end of the cruise.

Personally, I wouldn't want one more thing to carry, and I think the glassware would be safer wrapped carefully in my luggage than in a carrying box.

When I buy bottles of Tequila, on Mexico trips, I wrap each of the bottles in a pair of jeans and put them in the middle of my 28" pullman suitcase. I've never gotten home with a broken bottle & my clothes reaking of expensive tequila. The same premise would work for your glasses;

I collect the hurracaine glasses from Bubba Gumps restaraunts & my glass made it home from Honolulu, in my checked luggage, with no problem.

Thanks for your suggestions. When ever I've bought glassware before, I've always taken it home in hand luggage but it's been packed in the box it came in.

I probably should have mentioned I'll be on a Med cruise and have to fly back to London from Barcelona. It's not a long flight so carry on's not a problem.

I was just hoping that RCI would supply cardboard boxes with dividers (bit like wine carriers from the supermarket) to get the glasses home. I can't be the only one that ends up with a full set (i.e. six!).

We usually pack an extra bag, one that folds, in the bottom of our bag. We use it to carry home anything that we do not want to check, have broken, etc. I collect the blue with gold trim coffee mugs and just wrap it carefully in t-shirts and carry it with me. Haven't broken one.... yet.

d

We usually pack an extra bag, one that folds, in the bottom of our bag. We use it to carry home anything that we do not want to check, have broken, etc. I collect the blue with gold trim coffee mugs and just wrap it carefully in t-shirts and carry it with me. Haven't broken one.... yet.

d

I have many of the souvenier glasses.. but have not seen the coffee mugs.. I want some... Where do you get those??

If you manage to get a set of souvenir glasses while cruising (I do like my cocktails!), can you get a box to pack them safely for the flight home?

Ta

Karen

To answer the OP original question... the answer is yes.. your room steward can get a packing box from the gift shop and will pack them if you desire them to be boxed.. we had this done on the mariner with no problems. It just makes for an extra box to carry off the ship, as I would not send them out it in the checked luggage.. they toss those things around very roughly.

It is worthwhile asking if there are different styles of souvenir glasses. One of the bar waitresses showed us a beautiful shallow glass, kind of the shape of a martini glass. It was clear with a spiral of colored glass, a clear blue rim and the RCCL Logo pressed into a disk of blue glass inside the rim.

She told us to ask for it at the Pool Bar. It will make a great candy dish.

I...One of the bar waitresses showed us a beautiful shallow glass, kind of the shape of a martini glass.....She told us to ask for it at the Pool Bar. It will make a great candy dish.
Or for Martinis

I've seen pictures of them and put them on my cruise shopping wishlist.

My DW thinks I buy T-shirts to wear at home, but I really buy them to wrap all the glasses she (we) buy! She is taking a box of 4--two different cruiselines--to work tomorrow to send FedEx to her sister to help get her in the mood for our August cruise on Majesty! We have two of those blue striped glasses, too.

It is worthwhile asking if there are different styles of souvenir glasses.

Do they still have the shooters of the day in little colored mini-souvenir hurricane glasses on Voyager/Eagle Class ships? I have this nice assortment from my cruise on Voyager and want to add some from Explorer into the mix.

Archived