Conquest - Grand Cayman Question

Hi gang!! We would like to know what time your are able to get off the boat in Grand Cayman. I am wanting to book the first tour time with Soto - Stingray tours and they leave at 9:30. Will we have enogh time to get off the boat and get to this excursion?

Also after the tour where is a good place to hang out before going back to the ship. Shopping, eating, or just hanging out on the beach, but something not to expensive.

Grand Caymen is known for the Rum. Walk around the town and sample all the different flavors and taste their wonderful rum cake. The rum stores are everywhere! Excellent prices on the island, but the ship has great prices too!

Don't forget to factor in that we take tenders onto the island. The tenders carry about 50 people i guess!

Last year we did the Stingray tour and walked around, shopped and stopped at some little place and grabbed lunch. Didn't really spend to much money on food because back to the ship we would go. But we had to taste the flavor of the island!

We will be on the same cruise with you. We're not really sure what we are going to do in Grand Caymen yet.

Hi gang!! We would like to know what time your are able to get off the boat in Grand Cayman. I am wanting to book the first tour time with Soto - Stingray tours and they leave at 9:30. Will we have enogh time to get off the boat and get to this excursion?

Also after the tour where is a good place to hang out before going back to the ship. Shopping, eating, or just hanging out on the beach, but something not to expensive.

You might want to take the time into account on Grand Cayman. On Sensation, the ship's time was different from Grand Cayman time. (I think the ship was 1 hour ahead.) I don't know if they're still changing the times that way, but it was darn confusing and I know several people who missed excursions.

Also, at a port where the ship tenders, those who have booked Carnival shore excursions usually get priority tender boarding. That can cause a delay getting off the ship. But, I was on a private tour last time on Grand Cayman, and we were on shore before 9:00 Grand Cayman time.

You are smart to book the earliest Stingray tour you can. The later it is, the more crowded the sandbar gets! After the excursion, you could always go to 7 mile beach. Except for the rum & rumcakes, I don't find shopping in GC worthwhile.

quote:

You are smart to book the earliest Stingray tour you can. The later it is, the more crowded the sandbar gets! After the excursion, you could always go to 7 mile beach. Except for the rum & rumcakes, I don't find shopping in GC worthwhile.

We loved the Stingray City tour the last time we were there, that we are going to do that again. Be sure that you take a tour in which you actually go into the water with the stingrays. There are some boats that simply go there and you look around without allowing you off the boat.

Unless you have a thing for turtles - don't bother with the turtle farm.

Hell is a waste of time unless you need to come back with some "clever" T-shirt.

On the other hand, the 7 mile beaches are quite nice to chill out on.

We found shopping in GC to be some of the best in the Caribbean if you are on the look out for better quality jewelry or watches. Last time there, B picked up a limited edition 25 anniversary watch (only 250 in the world) by Emile Pequinet (all Swiss movement, mechanical, designed in France, not sold in the US or Canada) for an excellent price. There is also a Bernard Passman store (black coral jewelry) in GC, if you missed the main store in NOLA.

If you are on the lookout for cheapo fun souvenirs, or inexpensive silver jewelry then wait till you get to Cozumel.

BnB

We just got back from the Conquest last week. The ship was anchored by 7am and people were getting off soon after that. If you don't book an excursion with Carnival, you go to the theater/lounge and get a tender ticket. We did that and waited about 10 minutes and were on the tender and over to land by around 8:20am. We had a 10:30 excursion with Capt. Bryan's. You should be able to make your excursion without any problem. Just go down to the Toulouse Latrec Lounge and be ready to get off as soon as they will let you. Our ship time was the same as Grand Cayman time. Hope this helps!

You might want to take the time into account on Grand Cayman. On Sensation, the ship's time was different from Grand Cayman time. (I think the ship was 1 hour ahead.) I don't know if they're still changing the times that way, but it was darn confusing and I know several people who missed excursions.

On Conquest, ship's time & island time was the same for all three ports (at least during daylight savings time here in the U.S.).

We just got off of the Inspiration and went to GC. Just so you know, Carnival lets the people who booked tours through the ship off of the ship first. All other people must wait until the ship tours are off.

Since you have to take a tender at GC, this can take a while. We booked through Captain Marvin, our ship started letting ship tours off at 9AM (ship time) and we weren't able to get off until 11AM.

Archived