HELP Glory or others.......

Hi All-

We have sailed CCL 3 times in 10 months and are very happy with the improvements we have seen in most areas of the service and such. I am looking into a early September cruise with my husband before his next deployment to Iraq. We have sailed on the Inspiration, Sensation and Facsination. My choices for our dates are between the Glory (eastern route), RCI Mariner or the Princess Caribbean Princess. We have only sailed RCI one time. We are taking our young sons (just turned 3 and 6) to Playa del Carmen for a week at the end of July for quality family time but I think my husband and I need to get away by ourselves. He actually preferes land vacations while I prefer to cruise. Any information on the 3 choices above? They are all priced about the same for the time and type of cabin (balcony). I can sit and read forever but my hubby gets really bored........

Thanks!

Hi Disney Cruiser - I have been on all 3 ships and, please remember, these are just my opinions and others may feel differently. I found the Mariner way too crowded and I feel the food quality has really gone down hill on RCI - perhaps it's only on the voyager class ships but I'm not inclined to try them again. The Caribbean Princess is a much prettier ship than the Glory though we did enjoy our cruise very much and would go with either one again. I feel the layout of the Glory is very "chopped up" and it was often difficult to get from one place to the other. I do think Carnival is a tad more casual in atmosphere than Princess and this may be more to your taste if you're taking small children. I'm sorry I don't know much about the children's programs but I'm sure others will have much to offer. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer as best I can...happy cruising, Carol

this cruise in a last minute get away for my husband and I before he deploys again. We just took our boys on a CCL cruise at the end of May and we are taking them for a week at a AI resort in Playa at the end of July. I am trying to get some alone time for my husband and myself before he leaves for 7 plus months but don't know what to try. We have been on the CCL Inspiration, Sensation and Fascination, DCL Wonder and Magic and a short 3 day on the RCI SOS. Since we alreay took our boys on the May cruise and are taking them to Playa for a week this is just for us. Not sure if we should book a 7 night cruise or try a land package like Sandals in Negril??? My parents and I are taking my boys (3 and 6) on the Disney Magic again in October to Antigua and St. Thomas to keep all of us occupied while my husband is in Iraq. I just don't know what to do, Sandals Negril, Couples Negril or Glory, Caribbean Princess, Zuiderdam or Mariner

i would definetly do a cruise!!@ When my hubby came hime from Iraq we had 2 cruises and loved every minute of them we were happiest with ctiosong cause it is all in one and since we did not have to fly (we live near the ort ) it saved us money.. we have done sandals and cruising and in my opinion if you are wanting to gether time and relaxation we found it more on a cruise than at sandals where we were up and out every day... I say choose an aft cabin on any one of the ships so you can sit and watch the wake and just enjoy Your hubby will rally appreciate the pictures in his head and the memories when he is over seas (mine did that was one of his special places he went too when things got bad!!) Enjoy

Oh any of the cruise would be great I have herd that the Carribean princeess is AWESOME and want to try it my self soon but with the advantage of having glory and mariner at my home port we just cannot turn it down let us know what you decide

Archived