help on Conquest excursions

tripseeker

We're leaving on Conquest June 11. :) Need advice for family of 4 (kids 13 & 18)and 3 teen friends for excursions in Montego Bay, G Cayman, and Cozumel. This is my family's 2nd cruise and teen's 1st.

Also, I followed advice from board on how to find my assigned cabin for a 6A guar. It shows 1106 (on spa deck) good, bad?:confused:

Thank you for your help.

HI,

We just returned from the Conquest on May 7th.

We were on the Lido deck 9287 and loved it. I think the Spa deck will be just fine. Close to food and and the pools.

I can't really give you advice on shore excursions. I can let you know what we did. In Jamaica we went to Sunset Beach an all-inclusive resort and had a blast. In Grand Cayman we did NativeWay's Rays , Reef , and Rum Point. It was GREAT. And in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach for the day.

If you have any questions please ask.

Teena

HI,

We just returned from the Conquest on May 7th.

We were on the Lido deck 9287 and loved it. I think the Spa deck will be just fine. Close to food and and the pools.

I can't really give you advice on shore excursions. I can let you know what we did. In Jamaica we went to Sunset Beach an all-inclusive resort and had a blast. In Grand Cayman we did NativeWay's Rays , Reef , and Rum Point. It was GREAT. And in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach for the day.

If you have any questions please ask.

Teena

Have you posted a review of your trip? Your Jamaica and GC excursions are what we are planning to do, and we haven't decide on what to do in Cozumel yet. Would love more details. :)

Cozumel is a great beach day. Paradise Beach has always been our favorite. For $8 each, you buy a wristband that allows you full use of their non-motorized toys (snorkeling equipment requires a $10 deposit which you get back when you return the equipment). However, if you don't want to use any of their toys (which hubby and I don't)...they don't charge you anything for the use of their shaded tables and lounges and clean restrooms. All they ask is that you eat and/or drink something. Great food and drink.

The taxi is $12-14 for a taxi of 4 one way. There are always taxis around to bring you back to the ship. Cozumel is the best place to "do your own thing" without a ship excursion.

Jamaica is where we always do a ship excursion if we get off the ship. Dunns River Falls is a fun one or the bamboo raft rides for 2 down the "Great River" (which is just a big creek by our Southern standards). Not to fast and not to deep. It was fun.

Grand Cayman has everything from H*ll to Sting Rays...and is also very safe.

The best place to get specific info is on the Port section of this board!!

Have a great cruise!!

We didn't really do an organized toru in Jamaica.. we did the semi-submersible, it was fun and you get to snorkel as well. Of course Margaritaville is nearly a must. The kids will love the slide and the watersports there. They have floating trampoline things connected by a large floating tube that you can 'try' to run across.

At Grand Cayman we did swimming with the stingrays w/Captain Marvin's. It was GREAT! our boat was not crowded, I highly recommend booking this with an independent and not with the ship. The ship's tours were VERY crowded.

In Cozumel we did the submarine and loved it also! It is a real submarine.. and very cool sights... Our son pickeed that for his b'day present.

HI,

Here is sort of a review. LOL

In Jamaica we did Sunset Beach.

Of course you port there so there is no trouble getting off the ship.

We took a cab to Sunset Beach. Don't remember how much we paid.

It was a short , less than 10 minute ride there.

When you get there, they show you to a desk where you get your wrist bands for the day pass.

We walked out of the lobby and found nice covered palapas to sit under.

There are 2 waterslides and a lazy river that are pretty nice.

There is also a hot tub under one of the slides that is semi-operational.LOL

We ate lunch there. It was o.k. . They had all kinds of chicken, and sandwiches. Buffet style. The service was very good though.

All and all a very nice day. There were volleyball nets and the rum punch flowed freely and was very good.

Grand Cayman was my favorite port.

We were up early for a tender ticket. We got our ticket around 7 am, and were off the boat shortly after that.

The ship is not far off shore and the tenders do not take long.

We found the Nativeway guy and we were early so he told us to walk around and meet back at 8:20am under the gazebo where the phone booths are. So, we walked around and found a nice shady place to sit for 30 minutes or so. The shops weren't open yet, so shopping would have to wait. Time went fast though and before we knew it we were loading buses for the boat.

The guides were entertaining and this was a fun day. There were the max 20 people on our boat. We saw boats with alot more people on them.

They supply bottle water and rum punch.

Stingray City was crowded, but fun. Water was shallow. We were here about 45 minutes.

The reef snorkel was good. The water was rough. The reef wasn't the best but my husband did get to pet a nurse shark.

Rum Point was very nice. Lunch was delicious. I ordered the fish-n-chips and it was very yummy. We rested in hammocks and then went to the bar there for some beers.

We got back to the pier about 3pm. We had an hour to shop.

No problem making the tender.

In Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach.

The tenders in Cozumel are very big. So they do not take long.

We took a cab to P.B. around 10 am and had no trouble getting a great spot on the beach. Sand is beautiful and service is EXCELLENT.

We were never without drinks or delicious food. I have heard that the beach is rocky, but it was sandy where we were. Very nice time.

I know this isn't the best review , but I would be happy to answer any questions that you have.

You will have a GREAT time!

Teena

Archived