Carnival Legend honeymoon cruise 5/28

Hello folks...I am very excited right now as I will be getting married 5/27 and leaving for an 8 day Legend cruise the following day.

I've cruised 2x before but I was just a kid with my parents, 1988 Disney and 1996 Carnival. Personally, I love cruising because I love the beautiful scenery / ports of call, the grandeur of the ship, the FOOD, and the activities. My fiancee is excited but also slightly apprehensive, she thinks she's going to get seasick (got her the transderm scop already) and that since she's not a drinker, she will feel left out and bored. She is very eager to get shopping though !!:eek:

What I want to know is, for a honeymooning couple, what shore excursions would you recommend in San Juan, St Thomas, and Tortola? We're pretty laid-back and looking forward to relaxing but at the same time I really want to get the most out of our honeymoon and make this a memorable experience for both of us. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Good luck on your nuptials this weekend. I am sailing wtih my kids on the Legend on 6/21. Coming in from CT. Been on three other cruises with Carnival, RC, and Disney.

My best advice to you is to check the Roll Call for our sailing. We have a 7-page thread going with all kinds of info, and one of the people posted some great info about tour companies in St. T and Tortola...I recommend you read the thread instead of my trying to recreate it here. I haven't heard much about San Juan, though. Go to the bottom of the page to Forum Jump, and scroll down to Roll Call on Legend. Look for the 6/21 sailing, and start reading!

Have you sailed from NY before? You might want to scour the boards for info about embarkation, parking, etc. Get to the terminal early, as you can board prior to 4pm...glad to answer any other questions. Good luck!

JackieL:)

Guest YesitDonna

Just because she isn't a drinker doesn't mean she can't sit at the bar and meet people. We just met a nice couple who the husband drank but the wife didn't. She would have a soda or one of their many non-alcoholic fruity drinks they make. Any of the frozen drinks can be made that way.

Thanks Jackie-- I hadnt even thought about checking out the roll call threads, I'm heading over there now.

This will be the first time sailing out of NY, so that kind of inside info on parking, arrival etc will certainly come in handy!

Hi!

I JUST got back from the 5/12-5/20 NYC Legend cruise from my honeymoon also. :)

Puerto Rico: We did a self-guided walking tour of Old San Juan and we walked around the forts. If you can spend the money, do something else. We were hot and sweaty and although the forts are really interesting to see, we didn't need to see both. If you like kayaking, I hear the biolumenscent kayak tour is awesome. Some other passengers on my cruise said if you do the kayak or the rainforest tour, be sure to wear lots of insect repellant. heat + water = lots of mosquitos.

St. Thomas: We booked a private excursion through Godfrey for $25 each. http://www.godfreytoursvi.com

This included 2 hours shopping, 2 hour tour of the island and 2 hours at the beach. If I was to do it again, I'd only pick 1 hour of shopping unless you like lots and lots of jewelry stores. The tour was wonderful. Very romantic views and picture-perfect spots. The only thing is that he doesn't stop at the pirate castles anymore like his website says because the places charge a fee now. The beaches were amazing!! Super clear water. We snorkled and had a blast.

Tortola: DO THE VIRGIN GORDA/BATHS tour. Incredible. While we were here we kept saying to each other, "Happy Honeymoon!" because we were so excited about it. Beautiful. Fun. Exciting. If you snorkle, bring your gear here.

They do a Newlywed game towards the end of the cruise. We didn't participate but it was fun to watch. Good luck and congrats!! Oh, and for the record, I had maybe 3 drinks the whole trip. We were drinked-out from the wedding. haha.

The first day at sea was fine (we left in 65 degree weather), but the last full day at sea coming back was horrible. VERY rough and most of the people got sick. People were holding onto walls/chairs for balance. We used tablet did the job within 25 minutes. It was cold also. It made us appreciate the prior 7 days more though. :)

Archived