Brows ladies.... Have you used

Anastasia Soare's Brow Kits? She was on Oprah today and did a great job on eyebrows. I tried her tips, and luckily my eyebrows lined up exactly as she says they should for maximum benefits.

Anyhow, I wondered if any of you have previously used any of her products? She has quite a few.

Thanks!

I'd love to see more women use these products, so many women over-tweeze their brows. You can actually do it easily yourself, with an eyebrow pencil. Just hold the pencil along the sides of our nose straight up, mark that point and don't tweeze into that area. Hold the pencil at your nostril and angle it to the corner of your eye, the pencil should continue past your eyebow, mark where the pencil meets the eyebrow and don't go pat that point. The arch should be above your pupil. Following your natural brow shape, only tweeze the hairs under your natural brow, don't try to change the shape.

A brow powder or pencil can fill in the sparse spots. I also covet my eyebrow brush just as I do all my fine makeup brushes.

Brows too close together make you look angry:mad: . Too far apart make you look surprised :eek: .

Unfortunately, if you have overtweezed, you just have to wait, sometimes a couple of months, for the hair to re-grow, but never give up hope!

I have always plucked mine away. I had Brooke Shields eyebrows before Brooke Shields made it popular NOT to pluck them away-after her popularity-I tried to grow mine out but found they had big holes in them.

Now that I am older too, they say a thicker brow looks better on an older woman, that the thin brows just make you look older but I am forced to pluck them small as years of plucking as I already said has caused some areas not to grow back and I have the bare spots.

I did pick up a tip from Carmondy on WNTW-she said use brown eyeshadow and a small brush to fill in brows instead of a pencil and it looks more natural. so I am doing that now and my brows look better then they have had in years!

I'd love to see more women use these products, so many women over-tweeze their brows. You can actually do it easily yourself, with an eyebrow pencil. Just hold the pencil along the sides of our nose straight up, mark that point and don't tweeze into that area. Hold the pencil at your nostril and angle it to the corner of your eye, the pencil should continue past your eyebow, mark where the pencil meets the eyebrow and don't go pat that point. The arch should be above your pupil. Following your natural brow shape, only tweeze the hairs under your natural brow, don't try to change the shape.

A brow powder or pencil can fill in the sparse spots. I also covet my eyebrow brush just as I do all my fine makeup brushes.

Brows too close together make you look angry:mad: . Too far apart make you look surprised :eek: .

Unfortunately, if you have overtweezed, you just have to wait, sometimes a couple of months, for the hair to re-grow, but never give up hope!

I wish I had your advice 35 years ago! or that I was not 10 years older then Brooke Shields! too bad she was not around when I was a teenager.

As I said in the other post-I tried to let mine grow out for the Brooke Sheilds look 25 years ago-it just did not work! After 10 years of plucking too many bare spots and I did not pluck anywhere but between the eyes for like 6 months!

I have always done the line up with the corners of your eyes thing- and I made nice arches on mine-I just wish my brows were thicker now. Too bad we can't buy false eyebrows the way we buy false lashes!

I loved that feature yesterday! I used a brush handle to line up all three angles like she said, and mine line up perfectly on the inside and the arch, but need to be extended on the outer edges.

Do they sell those stencil things she was using? Is that used for everyday brow shaping or just for when you want to do maintenance (tweezing, etc.)?

I saw that too and thought it looked great. I have a lovely lady near the house that does my brows for ten bucks every other week, tip included. I won't give her up for love or money.

only tweeze the hairs under your natural brow, don't try to change the shape.

I am one who MUST pluck the top. For years and years I would only clean up *under* my brow. The problem is that I always look like Devil Woman. I have too much of a point at the top of my brow, and I have to pluck the point off so as not to look like an angry cartoon character! LOL

Tracy

I saw that too and thought it looked great. I have a lovely lady near the house that does my brows for ten bucks every other week, tip included. I won't give her up for love or money.

I'm with you!

Although I can do a decent job on my own, I prefer to have mine waxed. She does a great job, it's over in a couple of minutes and I don't have to bather with them, except a bit of brushing in the morning. She also tints them, so I don't have to "fill in the spaces". I only get them done every 4 weeks, at a cost of $25 for both wax and tint.

But, for those who don't wish to be waxed, or don't want to spend the $ for someone else to do it for them, this system looks great!

I loved that feature yesterday! I used a brush handle to line up all three angles like she said, and mine line up perfectly on the inside and the arch, but need to be extended on the outer edges.

Do they sell those stencil things she was using? Is that used for everyday brow shaping or just for when you want to do maintenance (tweezing, etc.)?

Walmart has them-and also at one of the salons at our local mall they will do your brows for $7.95.

I am one who MUST pluck the top. For years and years I would only clean up *under* my brow. The problem is that I always look like Devil Woman. I have too much of a point at the top of my brow, and I have to pluck the point off so as not to look like an angry cartoon character! LOL

Tracy

tracy do you comb yours brows up and trim them? I was shown to do that because my brows were "wirey" by a hairdresser many years ago-so instead of plucking those out-I simply trimmed them every couple of weeks. Looked much better too-because you want your brows not trimmed too low either. Plucking those out can make you look wierd as KS said.

I did not know they sold these at Walmart!

I don't need them luckily.However the other products look great.

I have never needed to do much, my wax lady says that I have " close to perfect " eyebrows.... yah right!

Anyhow, I do agree that it changes the way your face opens up or make you appear tired, angry...

After I get mine cleaned up ..every 6 weeks or so... I always feel like a new woman. Luckily , mine never get crazy looking. :eek: She emaphasizes the natural arch, and I need a bit of waxing right above the brow.

Funny how the power of this "brow thing" is so often overlooked and underestimated.Nothing worse than bad brows!!!!:eek:

I did not know they sold these at Walmart!

I don't need them luckily.However the other products look great.

I have never needed to do much, my wax lady says that I have " close to perfect " eyebrows.... yah right!

Anyhow, I do agree that it changes the way your face opens up or make you appear tired, angry...

After I get mine cleaned up ..every 6 weeks or so... I always feel like a new woman. Luckily , mine never get crazy looking. :eek: She emaphasizes the natural arch, and I need a bit of waxing right above the brow.

Funny how the power of this "brow thing" is so often overlooked and underestimated.Nothing worse than bad brows!!!!:eek:

I don't think it is the brand you mentioned but it is those wax things to shape your brow.

Archived