Reasonable Galveston Hotels

Leenae

We are going on the Esctasy from Galveston on 9/23/06 and would like info on good reasonable hotels in Galveston that has cruise parking or offer any cruise specials. This will be our first cruise, and we are so excited. Counting down the days. Thanks in advance for any info.:)

A bunch of folks in our March group (we, sadly, had to cancel) raved about the Wyndham Tremont.........just be sure to register for their rewards program if you aren't already a member and then select your preferences; voila you fav beer will be waiting for you in the room!

check the galveston.com calendar, too!

The end of September is usually when the Lone Star Rally is held. The whole Island and half of the adjacent mainland is booked up for the motorcycle rally!

The Tremont is a great old historic hotel!

We had planned on staying at a hotel that had free cruise parking although we ended up driving in the day of the cruise instead. What we didn't know was that they charged for the shuttle so the savings wouldn't have been as much as we originally thought.

First almost all 2 night min on weekends. I know i have looked high and low found 3 the best was q--lity inn & suites cannot post name cause the rules but i think u get the place im talkin about king room with balcony plus free parking under 100 u just have to take a taxi like 3 miles best deal i found hope this help's.;)

Most hotels are showing on their listings if they offer free shuttle to the pier.

Hilton, Holiday Inn on the Beach, San Luis as well as many others offer free shuttle & one night stays...depending on supply & demand.

Hotels closest to the pier are Harbor House & Tremont.

Even tho I am not going until next March, I booked the Hilton Island Resort for ONE night on Seawall at 54th. I did take a more expensive room but the hotel is nice and has rates for around $125. I went directly to the Hilton site and found the hotel cheaper than the hotelsdotcom type sites. They have a lounge, pool and dining area.

I don't know how far it is to the docks, but will figure that out later. A fellow cruiser is doing EZPark and taking us to the dock. He is staying at the quality type place which is at 5924 Seawall. Good price there also, but no dining or lounge. Rooms less than $100. Do it right on line.:)

As far as free parking is concerned, it usually depends on what month you cruise. Summer months are the busiest for Galveston and sometimes the free parking does not apply. I would go to Galveston.com and you will find the area for cruise passengers. There are also restaurants that will give a discount to cruise passengers. Harbour House and the Hilton are really nice. Tremont house gets good reviews too. There are plenty of small beach hotels. Of course there are two sides of the island. The pier is next to the Historic Strand. But it is very easy to get from one side to the other so wherever you get a good rate would be fine.

I just booked Harbor House for August 20. It is a Sunday night, so perhaps that was why I was able to book it for only one night. I am so excited, we'll be able to see the ship come into port (if we're awake early enough, not sure exactly what time it comes in) plus meet up right away with our daughter who works on the ship. Can't wait, only three more months!

Archived