Last day excursion vs. airport

Noneeds4me

Hello,

Our flight leaves at 2pm from Fort Lauderdale. We are concerned about taking the airboat ride excursion on the last day because of all the talk about being to the airport early to avoid being bumped from our flight. The excursion would be over at 11:30am, but we are wondering if anyone has any other suggestions of what we might do to pass the time other than the excursion?

Maybe we've been watching too much of "Airline" on TV! Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

NoNeeds4me

11 days until we cruise!

We have checked our bags at the airport and then hopped in a cab over to Las Olas Blvd. There are plenty of retaurants, shops and galleries. There are some great brunch options (yes, more fooD!). After one cruise, we took one of the scenic water tours of the Ft. Lauderdale area. It was interesting and we got some great pics of the cruise ships in port. It's a nice way to spend another hour or two outside before the flight home.

We also had a 2:15 flight last April. We really wanted to do the other tour, but because of our flight time we picked the airboat tour. It was really fun! It makes it really easy with your luggage going right along with you, too.

We are doing a tour and then airport drop-off in Seattle in June. To me, it seems like a really easy way to make sure you get to the airport and you don't have to worry about your luggage.

Enjoy!

Archived